Retro Pinup (SFW)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Retro Pinup (SFW)

This is the last time I'll get off topic, I swear!
    Just to show that I'm not a one-trick pony, here's a toon with a little less of the retro vibe. It's a self-caricature that never quite got finished.

Last edited by LonLeroux; June 11, 2008, 01:19 PM.
    Hail to the Chief Bloomenbergensteinenthal, shiksa.

Comment

Originally posted by LonLeroux View Post
      Part of it is colored with colored pencils, and the other part is colored with crayons...yeah, I'm simple. Both the pencils and the crayons are your generic dollar store brands.
      If you want to try something to get a little different effect, get Bestine rubber cement thinner and use it on the colored part with a brush.

It'll melt the wax and make it flow so you can get a water color effect or just blend colors in different ways. Use a fine brush and you can cross hatch one color into another.

It's fun to play with.

Just make sure you spray your art down with a clear acrylic to keep the foggy looking 'wax bloom' away.

Comment

I love that smiling lady.

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
          If you want to try something to get a little different effect, get Bestine rubber cement thinner and use it on the colored part with a brush.
          Thanks, but I have my own method that is much less complicated and much less messy. It's a simple process of cleaning up the spare scratches and blending a few select colors into the base color. Besides, it's really all I can afford at this time. I am VERY tight on money, so I have to make do with the basics and a lot of work.
          I've toyed around with a lot of methods, trust me.

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
          I love that smiling lady.
          Thank you.

Cheers.

Comment

That Hula Girl is outstanding, LonLeroux. You've got serious talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim75 View Post
              That Hula Girl is outstanding, LonLeroux. You've got serious talent.
              Wow...thanks. Thanks a lot.
              I accept and appreciate your gracious compliment.

Comment

Originally posted by LonLeroux View Post
                Here is a semi-finished pinup of a lady-sailor for my dear ol' dad, the Navy man. As you can see, it still has that sketchy look, but that will disappear as I put the final touches on it. All that remains is to smooth out the colors and polish the rough edges of this piece. It's a bit off topic, but MyopicJoe got off topic too...
                Nice work

Comment

Working...
                X