Liliha Street store burned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liliha Street store burned

hi this is sansei and did anyone hear on the news that on liliha,a store with a barber was set on fire and i know where it is since when i go to my dr,it's on my way down and i see it daily and im glad no one was injured so i thought to share this with everyone.

well thank's for your time it's the blue builiding on the right hand side when looking.

Re: did anyone hear that on Liliha a store was set on fire

Be moa specific.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Arson damage tops $200,000 to Liliha Street shop

Damage from the 6:44 a.m. fire to C S Mart, a soda and candy store at 1658 Liliha St., was estimated at $200,000 to the structure and $20,000 to contents, said fire Capt. Terry Seelig.
      Whew. My first thought upon seeing the title of this thread was that something happened to Liliha Bakery.

Not that the damage to C S Mart is any consolation.
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Is this the store that was in a blue wooden building that was used in a couple of episodes of LOST?
        I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's that small wooden building about the middle of the block on the ewa side between School and Kuakini.

Comment

I think everyone is right. It's that small, blue, wooden building with the barber shop. The convenience store was next to the barber shop and I wouldn't have been able to tell from the street if I didn't remember the name from Pomai's link. The barber shop still looked like it was open for business. One of my best friends lives in that tiny Buddhist temple right next to it.
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by kanahina View Post
              Is this the store that was in a blue wooden building that was used in a couple of episodes of LOST?
              Yes. This building appears quite prominently in a couple of episodes of "LOST," including the season finale, when Jack walks across the street to the Hoffs/Drawlar Funeral Parlor.

Comment

Re: Liliha Street store burned

About 20 years ago, my friend owned a sports card shop in that very building. It was called "The Time Machine." The structure was dark green back then.
                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I remember that. That neighborhood used to be a real baseball card district. I can think of three other card shops right on that block.
                  But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                  GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

When you see this type of building from the outside, the first thing that comes to mind is a Mom & Pop store in Hawaii.
                    This bring back memories before the big supermarkets took over. You grew up with the candy store from buying Tome-ami or Spree through the glass case, and Li Hi Mui Seeds hanging on the metal hooks, to purchasing baseball cards with the hard bubble gum inside. I didn't buy any ice cream or soda in the store because "too expensive when have plenty at home." Then, when you got older, reading the comics and sports magazine, and from time to time making side-eye to look at the cover of the men's magazines.
                    Last edited by Walkoff Balk; July 9, 2008, 08:04 PM. Reason: add

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                      Yes. This building appears quite prominently in a couple of episodes of "LOST," including the season finale, when Jack walks across the street to the Hoffs/Drawlar Funeral Parlor.
                      WOW!!. Shoots, gang!. This is the first I have heard of it .
                      I am very sorry to hear abou that store. I have gone inside it on a few times. I wonder how & why it happened. Or Maybe, just why? I don't think it was even making that much money at all, I think they were just trying to keep it open. Why would anyone do something like that to a small store?.

I hope it wasn't done on purpose just for the insurance.

I hope no one was hurt at all.
                      Last edited by Serenity; July 10, 2008, 02:52 AM.
                      Aches & Pains
                      (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

I liked to mention another item you could buy at a Mom & Pop store back then called Wacky Packages. The wrapping looked like it would be baseball cards. But they were stickers which spoofed commercial products with puns and Mad Magazine like drawings. It might have influenced my sense of humor.

Comment

hi this is sansei and since the fire,i passed by the store a few day's ago and i saw that they are working on the building and they may slowly fix it up better than it was before the fire and i hope it'll re-open with the same name so i thought to share this with everyone.

well thank's for your time:O)

Comment

Uhm, I guess I thought the whole building was burned down, When I passed by that buliding, it still looks good from the outside. I guess I was mistaken, evidently it was only burned from the inside & part of outside??.

I hope they continue to have the business.

Good luck to them.
                            Aches & Pains
                            (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Working...
                            X