Opening a PO box...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening a PO box...

...in this day of Bush's Nazi elitists only Amerika.
    Or am I wrong?

A friend tells me that now, thanx to the fabulously sick joke called Homeland Security, you can't open a US post office box with merely a State issued ID or drivers license.
    You must now have a govt. issued picture ID and either a passport, corporation ID, mortgage papers, or auto registration.

This is simply another slash at those who wish to live a basic/simpler life, outside of major goverment intrusion, like any fine American would most likely choose.

Anybody tried to open one lately?
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: Opening a PO box...

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    ...in this day of Bush's Nazi elitists only Amerika.
    Or am I wrong?

A friend tells me that now, thanx to the fabulously sick joke called Homeland Security, you can't open a US post office box with merely a State issued ID or drivers license.
    You must now have a govt. issued picture ID and either a passport, corporation ID, mortgage papers, or auto registration.
    I opened a PO Box last month. No problems.

Just showed my State Driver's License and paid the fee.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I'm feeling a little better...

Thanx, AL, I'll be looking further into this.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
        I opened a PO Box last month. No problems.

Just showed my State Driver's License and paid the fee.

Auntie Lynn
        Was the original poster talking about a PO Box at a US Postal service or a private provider? If he is, that is exactly the problem I had. I made a post on this a few months ago that I started and I had mentioned that I could not open a US Post Office box at a US Post Office (specifically the main one on Richards ST.) without the above mentioned docs. I had my drivers license, but they wanted a government ID (my passport had expired and it's beyond me why I cease to be ME when I passport "just" expired). A valid Voter Registration would be alright as well.
        n'importe

Comment

I opened a PO box at the Kaneohe post office just a month ago; all they wanted was a drivers license. Quick, easy... and cheap!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

More handwringing from the perpetually worried left.

glurg
            FutureNewsNetwork.com
            Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaukura View Post
              Was the original poster talking about a PO Box at a US Postal service or a private provider? If he is, that is exactly the problem I had.
              I assume he is.

I opened mine at the Nuuanu Post Office.

Auntie Lynn
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                More handwringing from the perpetually worried left.
                "Homeland Security" --- is the "left"?

Turn around, brah - you lookin' bass-ackwahds.

Comment

I inherited my dad's PO Box. For some reason, I don't have to pay.
                  Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

I opened a POBox in May at USPS. Only required a driver's license.
                    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

We talked about PO boxes a few months ago, too.

Comment

Looks like we have a mixed bag here, and I havn't yet made it to the PO to find out their take.

TK, if it's true, is this the kind of country you wish for in totallity?
                        Handwringing..., my fat okole!

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                          I opened a POBox in May at USPS. Only required a driver's license.
                          Can you say which USPS it was? I can understand if you want to keep that to yourself, "I" only tried the Main Post office on Richards and Merchant. They even physically gave me a card which listed what they needed to open one. It is highly possible they have stricter rules at that particular Post office due to them being the main post office vs. a smaller on say on Nuuanu or others..
                          n'importe

Comment

Well Ron, believe it or not, I have nothing to hide.
                            FutureNewsNetwork.com
                            Energy answers are already here.

Comment

A few years ago I lived at a location not serviced by the post office. I got conflicting info about which post office to get a PO box in, since I was between two small towns.

Small town #1: Postal clerk wanted every piece of ID I had including a utility bill with our local address and my name on it, and fussed at me because I had moved twice in the last two years. I couldn't produce any utility bills or other proof with my name (husband had been living there a while and all was in his name.) I was summarily dismissed by said clerk "until you can come back prepared."

Small town #2: (Same day, 10 minutes later, less than one mile away) I warily entered the tiny building, carrying the same documentation (including recently expired passport.) This postal clerk was also the postmaster (per his nametag.) He kindly waved away my pile of papers, said, Oh, you all bought that house, huh? and handed me keys to a post office box.

Now the next week I was trying to get a driver's license in that state. I again did not have any proof of my physical address with my name on it, since all our mail was going to the post office box! I went to my friendly postmaster, who listened to my woes, pulled out an official looking document, wrote my physical address and my name on it, stamped it with an official looking stamp, and shooed me out to get my driver's license.

My suggestion is to find another post office. Worked for me!

Comment

Working...
                              X