Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 7th day adventist

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    It might be a local thing to hide when a stranger tries to talk religion to them.
    Well, the "local thing" is more along the lines of asking if they want some water, regardless on if the "local" person wants to spend time talking or not.
    And, really now, hiding is not a "local thing" at all, just the opposite.
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

hi this is sansei and just a few minute's ago,a gentleman knocked on our door and i peeked through the slit of our window and it was the 7th day adventist and i dont share much about them only they also went to my second sis's home and learned their wasnt anyone home so they on each door,put one of their material there and i'll let my mom pick it up and read it and it would be the same for my second sis.

well thank's for your time=O(

Comment

Religion, almost by definition, needs to recruit new members to survive. They have enough attrition these days.

So, how? "Bring in your friends, ensure they are saved..."
        Or "Knock knock - "Do you know Jesus? /Buddha? / Allah? / Yahweh?"

If you are looking for religion, they are (literally_) a godsend. If not they are, at most, an annoyance.

Think of them like a TV commercial with legs. If you are uninterested, change the channel or turn off the TV. Otherwise.... TUNE IN!

Thou Art God, and may God be with you.

"No choice, huh?"
        "No choice, pal."
        (Blade Runner 1971)

K~~~~~>!
        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
        ~ ~
        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Having the gift of gab I enjoy the weekly knocking of my door by the Jehova's Witnesses. Being a Protestant, I engage in lenghtly conversation about God in my attempts to detoxify them and become Protestants. In the end though we end up talking about power tools, automobiles and the economic climate in our nation.

Needless to say they end up wanting to end the discussion and have to leave to service more heathens in my neighborhoods. I keep them for at least another 15 to 30-minutes before letting them go with a, "Catch you guys next week okay?"

Oh by the way they stand at the door the entire time I'm chatting with them...rain or shine.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
          X