X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tutusue
    replied
    Re: The Slippah Project 2008!

Auntie, what was the big tent for in Maili Beach Park? I passed it today and didn't see any signs.

Leave a comment:

• Seeking Penance
    replied

this is an aaww moment

mahalo

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Last edited by 1stwahine; December 20, 2008, 06:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

From the Leeward Coast!

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn
    Last edited by 1stwahine; December 20, 2008, 06:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Originally posted by tutusue;219581Ya know what, Auntie? You've grown this project in only [B
    3[/B], short years...Christmas 2005 was the first. While this is the 4th Christmas, it's the 3rd year. See, you've worked 25% harder than you thought!
    CONGRATULATIONS!
    Mahalo tutusue!

Here's three pic's from last night. I'll post a more descriptive one on my Blog in a few days as soon as all the Slippahs have been distributed.

MWH Adults and Keiki came to celebrate last night for the 4th year in the row. Courtesy of of KauKau Wagon and The Slippah Project!

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn
    Last edited by 1stwahine; December 20, 2008, 06:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
    Wow! Tutusue's friend, Producer of Princess Kaiulani's Movie, Roy Tjioe called and volunteered to p/u the donation. I told him turtlgirl was coming. He told me to call him ANYTIME I needed help.

What an awesome guy.[...]
    Ok...now that got me all misty eyed! Roy is a local attorney turned producer and co-founder of Island Film Group...not to mention a heckuva nice guy. His selflessness towards your project, Auntie, makes me proud to be part of the local film industry. <sniff>

ETA:
    [...]
    Tonight ~ is MWH's Celebration. Where it all started four years ago.[...]
    Ya know what, Auntie? You've grown this project in only 3, short years...Christmas 2005 was the first. While this is the 4th Christmas, it's the 3rd year. See, you've worked 25% harder than you thought!
    CONGRATULATIONS!
    Last edited by tutusue; December 19, 2008, 11:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
    Just under 2 hours to distribution time...kids are looking forward to getting out of school early to receive and help distribute!
    Am excited foa all of you!

K-den. turtlegirl and I went to get da van. We found Zor Zori Inc. The owner told us he had 3 PALLETS! foa The Slippah Project!

We loaded the boxes and unloaded at my hale.

Wat a day...and it's only beginning!

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn

Leave a comment:

• Mike_Lowery
    replied

Just under 2 hours to distribution time...kids are looking forward to getting out of school early to receive and help distribute!

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Wow! Tutusue's friend, Producer of Princess Kaiulani's Movie, Roy Tjioe called and volunteered to p/u the donation. I told him turtlgirl was coming. He told me to call him ANYTIME I needed help.

What an awesome guy.

Das what makes The Slippah Project UNIQUE. All monies/donations go to da Keiki. Everything else is donated with Love and ALOHA!

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

You so funny.

No worries. I still got to get ready. Bumby, you get scared if I no moa make-up.

Take your time dear.

Auntie Lynn

Leave a comment:

• turtlegirl
    replied

Hi Auntie! I forgot how bad morning traffic is! (less than one week out of school, and now I think I'm on vacation or something )

I'm leaving my house in about 15 minutes and headed straight to your place. See you in ... however long it takes me to get there. 9am? regardless, we'll have fun!

Yay keiki!!

PS - thanks from me too, tutusue! I wouldn't have known about this except for HIfilmmakers website that I was checking last night!
    Last edited by turtlegirl; December 19, 2008, 07:03 AM. Reason: forgot tutusue

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
    Auntie, don't you worry! My BF is gonna wake me up bright and early, and I'm gonna rent a van and come get you at 9:30 tomorrow morning! See you then. Thanks to Zori Zori, and yay for the keiki!
    heheheh

I'll be waiting foa you my sweet turtlegirl!

With this donation, we'll be able to make plenny moa keiki happy!

Mel (cranberrie) this morning. It's a go! Diver Down said we can use their truck again this Saturday.

We'll meet up with Oahu Express Ltd.'s Flat Bed Truck and once again we'll deliver to the children of
    the Leeward Coast.

Tonight ~ is MWH's Celebration. Where it all started four years ago. heheheh

Am waiting for Kamehameha and Kaahumanu to p/u their orders. I will deliver Palolo's on Sunday. And will be delivering IHS's today. We have distributed to plenny shelters. The list keeps growing. Like I said earlier, the
    new donation will be given to moa childen. There is a need and I will find it.

Auntie Lynn

P.S. Mahalo tutusue for putting the word out to all your friends.
    Last edited by 1stwahine; December 19, 2008, 06:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• turtlegirl
    replied

Aloha!

Zori Zori Inc. is donating a BIG Amount of Slippahs to our project. The owner told me to come with a Large Truck or Van. I only have Leimomi. I need HELP. Plezzzzzzzzz PM me if you can assist me tomorrow at 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.

And I will be giving to the two new shelters on the Leeward Coast plus one more I found in Maili.

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn
    Auntie, don't you worry! My BF is gonna wake me up bright and early, and I'm gonna rent a van and come get you at 9:30 tomorrow morning! See you then. Thanks to Zori Zori, and yay for the keiki!

Leave a comment:

• alohacandy
    replied

The Slippahs are on their way.

Stephen, Volunteer and Tamara Martinez, Director of KPT and MWH Literacy Program.

My Twitter friend, Stephen, Antonio and I delivered Slippahs to the Literacy Office at KPT. The breakdown for KPT's distribution:

Linapuni School 300
    HI Literacy Family Library 200
    KPT Family Literacy 150
    Solid Rock Church 200

Total = 850

Rep. Joey Manahan was at Linapuni Elementary to pass out the Slippahs!

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn
    I had breakfast with Tamara yesterday and she's looking forward to helping out at the MWH event tomorrow night. Yeahhhh!

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
    Auntie, unfortunately I don't have a truck or a van, but I just want to say that YOU ROCK!!!
    Ditto for Blaine and all your other helpers!
    We ALL ROCK!!

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn
    Last edited by 1stwahine; December 18, 2008, 04:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X