am satisfied with what have seen so far,anyways i'll not be available
    for the pick-up due to much engagement with me this season, but my
    intention is to hire a mover to pick it up, hence I will need the
    details of whom & where to mail the certified bankcheck.It will be
    delivered by the United Parcel Service within 2-3 days.Please note
    'UPS' do not deliver to P.O.Box addresses. in addition , im offering
    additional $20 so you remove the posting from craigslist .i assure ya
    that i'm an honest and trustworthy fellow .i also urge you to be
    honest in your dealings as honesty is and remains the best policy.

1.Name to be on the check
    2.Home address
    3.Telephone #

I will call you as soon as im able to .
    Kindly delete the posting as am totally committed to buying from you
    to save me cost .
    Best Regards and God Bless
    Nelson .

as if.

Leave a comment:

• turtlegirl
    replied
    Re: Craigslist Scam ?

DD808 - congrats to you for realizing that this is indeed a scam. There's a few variations on the Craigslist check scam, but they all involve crazy people trying to separate you from your money. The details will take me forever to type up, but read this link from smartmoney.com

Here's an excerpt from the article:

Such is the typical fake-check scam: A remote buyer feigns interest in buying your goods — sight unseen — and sends you a check or money order for more than the item costs. You are asked to wire the difference. Several days later, the bank discovers that the check is fraudulent and you're responsible for the balance.

It might seem like an obvious ruse to seasoned online buyers and sellers, but check fraud was the fourth most common scam cited in a joint report by the National White Collar Crime Center and the FBI in 2004. And in terms of monetary damage, check fraud tops the list. In 2004, the median dollar loss reported by victims was $3,600, according to the report, compared with $200 for auction fraud and $240 for credit-card fraud.

Leave a comment:

• Mike_Lowery
    replied

I only deal with buyers/sellers on CL if they're ballsy enough to meet in person at the mall.

Leave a comment:

• TATTRAT
    replied

ALL BS.

I love CL, but when it actually come to selling something, weeding through all the nigerian buyers and other cons is a pita!

I am in the market for a SWR Red Head or working mans combo if you ship, lol.

Leave a comment:

• DiverDown808
    started a topic Craigslist Scam?

Craigslist Scam?

For the first time, I put something for sell on Craigslist. What I got back was a LOT of responses telling me that they wanted to buy my item, to take it off the list, and that they would send me a certified bank check.

What they wanted from me, was my name, address, and phone number, so they had a place to send the check.

I got so many of those, there HAS to be a scam in there some where. Anyway, I deleted all those emails. But does anybody know what this scam is ?

I was going to have fun and put my name as G. Raffe, and give the address to the Honolulu zoo, but nahhhhh LOL

And while I'm here....if any of you bass guitarists are looking for a stage amp rig, let me know.

Salamat Po,

DD
Working...
X