Betelnut ban?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Betelnut ban?

With the influx of betelnut users, it's narcotic effects, and the unsanitary habits of some users which can spread tuberculosis, it's been proposed by a few nation's leaders, and I think our own legislation, to ban the use.

Has it been proposed here, and how easily is the TB spread thru spit?
    How does it's narcotic effect compare to pot or other similar minor drugs?
    Should a user not drive or use heavy machinery?
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: Betelnut ban?

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    With the influx of betelnut users, it's narcotic effects, and the unsanitary habits of some users which can spread tuberculosis,
    One side will say that it's a cultural thing, while the other side will say that it poses a danger to the community. The white elephant in the room is that we won't mention which ethnic group like their betelnut.

Comment

Being Filipino, I've known a lot of people (mostly older generations) who chew betelnut. They chewed it to protect their teeth (it'll discolor teeth, but somehow protects teeth from decay. I knew people in their 80s and 90s who chewed betelnut and still had their full set of teeth!

The effects are similar to kava, and slightly less severe than alcohol. I don't think it's worthy of a ban. Alcohol and cigarettes should be banned before kava or betelnut.

And as for TB being a problem caused by betelnut users? Please...more people spit when playing sports or hocking a loogie everyday.
      Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
        And as for TB being a problem caused by betelnut users? Please...more people spit when playing sports or hocking a loogie everyday.
        I agree; TB is more of a airborne/droplet spread, not a loogie-contact precaution spread. A good cough in tight quarters will spread TB, not a spot of spittle. If that is the case, all tobacco/snuff users, all sports hockers and the general between-the-teeth spitters should be isolated.

Hey...not a bad idea!

Comment

Shucks, we have three betel-nut trees in our front yard and a steady stream of customers when the nuts are ripening. I'd hate to be deemed a drug dealer or, even worse, an excise-tax cheat...
          Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
          Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
          We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
          Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

This thing about betelnut that I don't like isn't so much the tooth discoloration. It's that, like chewing tobacco, when people chew betelnut they spit a lot. It's gross.

Comment

Bloody Mary's chewing betelnuts
              And she don't use pepsodent!
              FutureNewsNetwork.com
              Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Pigskins sports bar which allows smoking inside even cigars has a self imposed betelnut prohibition because the owner as well as some customers were displeased that people were spitting the juice all over his carpet.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro View Post
                  It's that, like chewing tobacco, when people chew betelnut they spit a lot. It's gross.
                  Chewing betelnut would be okay if they wear their cap on backwards, scratch themselves, and do a head first dive into a base.

Comment

Displeased?!

Originally posted by AlohaKine View Post
                    Pigskins sports bar which allows smoking inside even cigars has a self imposed betelnut prohibition because the owner as well as some customers were displeased that people were spitting the juice all over his carpet.
                    If I owned a joint and saw anybody spit on the floor I'd shut off the TVs/music, toss the bum/s out, and make it very well known to the rest that this crap ain't happening.

What is with the spitting thing any way, b-nut/tobacco, or just spit? What kind of pig sits in public and fills the area directly at his feet or immediate surroundings, or on the bus with spit, and for others to contend with later? It deffinitely is an age thing more than cultural, as those over 30 of any race are rarely are seen doing it.
                    It won't help to pass a law against it, as just like urinating in public, it still happens everywhere. Hellooooo Chinatown!
                    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
                    X