Panettiere Not Very Hero-like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panettiere Not Very Hero-like

If this incident was papparazzi induced I could understand HP's disdain. But an anchor from a network affiliate at an event that, as a prerequisite, required interviews from the celebrities is a whole, 'nuther ball o' wax. HP is only 19; still old enough to understand the rules of the game for that event. Where's Auntie with her whack whacks?!

Comment

I thought women public figures would support each other rather than be competitive based on physical appearance. The incident at the audition for America's Top Model showed the shallow side of wannabe models.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        If this incident was papparazzi induced I could understand HP's disdain. But an anchor from a network affiliate at an event that, as a prerequisite, required interviews from the celebrities is a whole, 'nuther ball o' wax. HP is only 19; still old enough to understand the rules of the game for that event. Where's Auntie with her whack whacks?!
        I don't follow every minutia of HP's life but I read somewhere she just recently had a bad breakup with a fellow Hero's co-star? Maybe she's in that PO'ed mode?

Comment

That's never acceptable. If you're ever in a position to report it to production, please do.
          Thanks for the advice! I didn't even consider that option. I initially assumed I was being overly sensitive. It was a bit isolated, everyone else was really cool and I was pleasantly surprised how open they were with networking, sharing valuable information, etc.

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
          Is Hayden Panettiere considered a child star? She might be Lindsey Lohan in the future.
          She played Claire before turning 18. She was also a guest star on SVU and I believe she did commercials at a young age too, so I believe that would be yes!
          Last edited by Vanguard; March 19, 2009, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
            Thanks for the advice! I didn't even consider that option. I initially assumed I was being overly sensitive. It was a bit isolated, everyone else was really cool and I was pleasantly surprised how open they were with networking, sharing valuable information, etc.
            [...]
            If you feel like it, please PM me the details so that I can be more precise with my answer.

Comment

If you feel like it, please PM me the details so that I can be more precise with my answer.
              Me too!! I love backgrounders' stories!! I have spent much time in those trenches...anyone see Transformers? hahaha...nuff said!
              ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Re: Panettiere WHO?

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
                I love backgrounders' stories!! I have spent much time in those trenches...anyone see Transformers? hahaha...nuff said!
                I'll see your Transformers and raise you a Blazing Saddles.
                Yes, I was in Blazing Saddles.
                No, it wasn't the campfire scene.
                Remember the scene at the end of the movie, just as the credits are starting to roll, where they're riding horses out of the movie studio and into the sunset, followed by a huge crowd? I'm in the crowd.
                I happened to be visiting a friend at Warner Brothers studio for lunch that day, and as we were walking around somebody grabbed us and told us to join the crowd.
                My mother was so proud.
                But I'm sad nobody has put this in the Have You Met Somebody Famous? thread.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                  I'll see your Transformers and raise you a Blazing Saddles.
                  Yes, I was in Blazing Saddles.
                  I happened to be visiting a friend at Warner Brothers studio for lunch that day, and as we were walking around somebody grabbed us and told us to join the crowd.
                  My mother was so proud.
                  Blazing Saddles?!! AWESOME!!

My mom videotapes everything she can that I've been in from background to stunts to roles. She's my biggest (only) fan! And, dude, Warner Brothers? That's where I met my sweet, sweet BF!

Comment

Blazing Saddles?!! AWESOME!!
                    Oh, you saw my performance?

And, dude, Warner Brothers? That's where I met my sweet, sweet BF!
                    Very cool! And last time I was there, neither of you were even born yet!
                    We used to wander around all those different empty sets on the back lot -- the Western cowboy town, the old New York neighborhood, and the rest -- and we'd sit and talk story and smoke... tobacco. Then we'd go eat at the commissary by the main gate or at The Smoke House restaurant across the street, where you could get a fine prime rib and the best garlic bread in the civilized world. (OMG! Look at this link about it!!!)
                    Now I'm having flashbacks. And I'm hungry.

Thread drift? What thread drift?

Comment

THE SMOKEHOUSE!!! MMMmmmmmmnnnnnmmmm!! Its still there! I've gone there many times on "1 hour walkaway" lunches!

Awwwww...and my BF used to ride his bike to work from up by Tuxford, and he'd go to walkaway lunch with me whenever I asked him to, and there's that El Torito right there, and Q's if ya want a lunchtime cocktail.... I love Burbank!

Comment

I've never in my life heard anyone state they love Burbank! Not that there's anything wrong with Burbank...just that it's non-descript. I lived on Alameda Ave. for a few months before moving to Toluca Lake. Think I was in the 3rd grade! My dad worked at Warner's before any of us were born!

Comment

THE SMOKEHOUSE!!! MMmmmmmmnnnnnmmmm!! Its still there! I've gone there many times on "1 hour walkaway" lunches!
                          Until I found that link for it just now, I'd forgotten all about the fact that The Captain And Tenille used to be a lounge act there.

Awwwww...and my BF used to ride his bike to work from up by Tuxford
                          I don't remember Tuxford street, but I remember taking Barham Boulevard over the hill, or taking Forest Lawn Drive back toward Griffith Park and that old railroad museum. Is that still there?

I lived on Alameda Ave. for a few months before moving to Toluca Lake. Think I was in the 3rd grade! My dad worked at Warner's before any of us were born!
                          I figured that. Were you a Smokehouse fan, Tutu? And Toluca Lake... here's a time warp for you: remember the Tick Tock restaurant on Riverside Drive in Toluca Lake? With dozens and dozens and dozens of clocks, and some of the best cinnamon rolls and glazed rolls in the known universe? (See this link.)
                          Last edited by LikaNui; March 20, 2009, 09:19 PM. Reason: Found the link. Added the link. Okay with you?

Comment

Have friends who live in both Burbank and Toluca Lake and I always make stops there, in fact I have flown often into Burbank for the past 20 years as I try and avoid LAX as much as possible. I'll be in Burbank in 2 weeks.

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                              [...]
                              I figured that. Were you a Smokehouse fan, Tutu? And Toluca Lake... here's a time warp for you: remember the Tick Tock restaurant on Riverside Drive in Toluca Lake? With dozens and dozens and dozens of clocks, and some of the best cinnamon rolls and glazed rolls in the known universe? (See this link.)
                              I recall the Tick Tock but don't think I ever ate there. I remember eating at the Smokehouse a couple of times as a kid...and a couple of times in the late 80s when I was dating a musician in SoCal. We'd stop off for dinner prior to his Valley gigs. Would've loved to have seen the Captain and Tenielle there. That woulda been right up there with seeing The Doors when they were the house band at the Whiskey A Go Go on Sunset Blvd. Oh good grief, now I'm starting to feel so old!

Comment

...back on topic...

Here in Hawaii we give lots of bear hugs and cheek kisses and handshakes and howzits and shakas, even to strangers. For her to get all bent out of shape ouer a shoulder tap and some requests for interviews is, frankly, the opposite of aloha. Hayden was definately not reacting appropriately for any red carpet event, especially for one here. I hope she never comes back.

Comment

Working...
                                X