Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panettiere Not Very Hero-like

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
    Me too!! I love backgrounders' stories!! I have spent much time in those trenches...anyone see Transformers? hahaha...nuff said!
    I did a commercial for the "Sonny Bono Show" when I was living in Westwood on Hilgard Ave. walking home from class @ UCLA. One of my friends that
    I'd eat at Hamburger Hamlet with was Dino Fekaris who at the time was a
    staff song writer for Motown. He is famous for "I Just Wanna Celebrate" and
    "I will Survive" amongst many other tunes. We'd be out and he'd carry a little notebook and tape recorder and just spontaneously start composing, it was cool we lived in the same building at 870 Hilgard which was a wonderful complex and so convenient to everything.
    BTW this was 1974, I'd just graduated from high school at 16 and everyone thought I was a lot older so life was really fun!

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
      For her to get all bent out of shape ouer a shoulder tap
      It might be a Nobody touches the Fonz situation.

Comment

My mom videotapes everything she can that I've been in from background to stunts to roles. She's my biggest (only) fan!
        Ohhh, dude, I'm your other fan! Remember me and J trying to find your scene in that ER eppy? We spend like half an hour rewinding and fast-fowarding trying to get a glimpse of you!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Re: Panettiere WHO?

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
          Maybe if the public learns to stop putting stars on pedestals
          Easy to do when you have no idea who people are talking about. I'm with this poster:
          Originally posted by integlspwr View Post
          who is she again ?
          - which means I'm also in this camp:
          Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          I wouldn't even recognize her at the mall!
          I've never watched anything she was on, to my knowledge, and hadn't even heard her name before reading this thread. Yes, I am (happily) ignorant of the majority of contemporary television performers!

Originally posted by Nocturnal View Post
          Look at it like this, Diane Ako anywhere else in this entire planet is no one famous. If you went to Nebraska and asked, "hey do you know who Diane Ako is?" That person would probably reply, "nope!"
          Ask who Hayden from Heros is, and I'm sure you'll hear a "yes!"
          I've heard many stories about Diane Ako being just as stuck up as Hayden. I guess it comes with the celeb business huh?
          I know who Diane is, I didn't know who Hayden is. And Diane certainly didn't appear stuck up when she posted here (see the thread LikaNui linked to); in fact, she seemed to be very willing to jump in and play, and I give her kudos for that.

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
          Yes, I was in Blazing Saddles. --- Remember the scene at the end of the movie, just as the credits are starting to roll, where they're riding horses out of the movie studio and into the sunset, followed by a huge crowd? I'm in the crowd. --- But I'm sad nobody has put this in the Have You Met Somebody Famous? thread.
          I suspect that's because the people here who have met you don't know they met you. Or they do, but can't tell anyone. Or thought they met you, but you were someone else. Or got distracted by Diane Ako's big ... ... ... sense of humor.

Comment

It's been my causal observation that as people climb the ladder of success, either they become the nicest person you've ever met or the biggest jerk.

It's one thing if she disliked being touched, but carrying on as been reported here, I think we know what direction she's headed.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
              It's been my causal observation that as people climb the ladder of success, either they become the nicest person you've ever met or the biggest jerk.
              Is she a Twit?

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                I noticed that same thing back in my radio days in L.A. while doing interviews. New bands were typically egotistical and soooo full of themselves, while long-term established major bands were almost all nice, and obviously secure in their status and position.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                  Is she a Twit?
                  ...ter? Is she a Twitter? That was kind of a long paws.

Comment

Working...
                  X