Do not save the crocs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do not save the crocs

It's all tounge in cheek. These critters wouldn't have the fans they do if they didn't have superb comfort.

And no, I'm not smart enuf to know they have other styles, but I'll never need them. My $4 Surfahs are perfect for me.

They are an American company right? So, long live the croc! Fashion died long ago anyway.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

When Crocs first came out I thought they were ugly too, even though lots of my friends were raving about how confortable they were. After months of resistance, I finally tried on a pair for about ten minutes, then immediately went to City Mill and bought some. They're perfect for wearing on boats, too, with fantastic grip but they don't mar the decks.
      And once they came out with the Croc slippahs, I've never worn anything but those. I appreciate their insole support, which is a blessing for those of us with lower back problems. My only complaint is one that TutuSue mentioned: when the tread wears off, the Croc slippahs are slippery as heck on wet surfaces.
      If Crocs is going out of business, I'm going to go stock up a supply.
      By the way, there was another thread about Crocs here back in 2005.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

$7 Kona Wind flops from Long's. I wear 'em everyday. Who knew Long's had such awesome footwear??

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
          [...] when the tread wears off, the Croc slippahs are slippery as heck on wet surfaces.[...]
          I wonder if there is some anti-slip product that will adhere to the bottom of the flip flop crocs? I have one pair that are completely smooth on the bottom. I can't wear those outside but they're still in great condition. Guess I could google for an answer!

Comment

Who uses their Croc Pot that you got for a Christmas present anyway?

Comment

These are the only ones I wear....

You can't say these are ugly, or all slippa's are ugly then.

I've tried Surfah's, Long's, LocalMotion's, and others.... Crocs are way more comfortable.

I have 2 pair, but my main pair are still going strong almost 3yrs later, and I wear them almost everyday...

---
              Another one of my favorite shoes, soley based on comfort (although I think they look cool too) are my Sanuk's

A lot of people think these are ugly too
              Last edited by LocalMotion; July 17, 2009, 11:44 PM.
              website - http://www.brianhancock.com
              blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

Comment

I too was hesitant to jump on the Croc bandwagon being how ugly I also thought they initially were... until I finally tried a pair, and from that moment on was sold. Their comfort and sure-footed grip on whatever it is you're walking on is fantastic. Its semi-soft rubber material is also great at absorbing impact as you walk, which is probably good for the bones in the long run (pun intended).

This in speaking for the semi-enclosed "shoe" type with that positionable ankle strap.

As Lika mentioned, they're also great for ocean activities, including being used as Tabis (reef socks), and have proven extremely resistant to getting torn-up by sharp coral. Neoprene's got nothin' on this funky semi-porous rubberized material Crocs are made of. The vent holes are very efficient at draining water as you tread through it at the shoreline. Rinse the salt water off afterward and they're good to go. Spankin' new again.

Even after the treads on the soles wore out, they somehow were still sure-footed and I never had any slips. Then again, I'm not walking on smooth fiberglass boat surfaces like Lika might doing, but just sayin'.

Speaking of material, I also got a pair of Croc knock-offs (Croc-offs?) from Walmart, and while 1/3 the price, aren't nearly as comfortable as Crocs. Actually, because of the design and firmer rubber material, they cause blisters on my feet near the insole area, so I tend to only use them around the house, versus Crocs, I wear them at the beach, then from there can feel equally as comfortable shopping at the supermarket with 'em.

I keep my black Crocs (that's the only color I'll wear as it makes it look smaller and not so "bulbous") supple and new looking by spraying them occasionally with Armor All. It works great.

I recently replaced my first pair with a new one, when finally that one wore out (literally wore through) after almost 2 years of regular off-work time/weekend use. Solid durability.

Long live Crocs! I hope.
                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Weren't Crocs what OJ Simpson referred to as "ugly a$$ shoes" at his trial?

Matapule is a non-conformist. He will not wear fashion that is "popular". Long live Wing Tip Brogues!
                  Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Matapule..."Crocs" and "fashion" are mutually exclusive!

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                      Weren't Crocs what OJ Simpson referred to as "ugly a$$ shoes" at his trial?
                      I doubt that. They weren't even around back then. They started in 2002
                      website - http://www.brianhancock.com
                      blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

Comment

Of course not. OJ was wearing Bruno Magli shoes, the other "ugly a$$ shoes." I predict it will be a question on "Jeopardy" someday.
                        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Working...
                        X