Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's pissing you off at this very moment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's pissing you off at this very moment?

Originally posted by sansei View Post
    ... when all this happen's i feel like this...

well thank's for your time
    Sorry to hear, really buddy!

"Momma told me there'd be days like this..."
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

My 90 yr old Aunty got hit by gypsy con artists. She met a family in a parking lot, and was was sweet talked into selling her vintage car for $200. Then, they convinced her to hire them to fix her roof for $3,000. A few days later, they asked for more money. My Aunty felt intimidated and let the wife drive her to the bank, where she emptied her savings account.

I told her to call the police. I know they will say it's a civil matter, since she hired them and gave them money on her own. But, she felt harrassed, and I think it should be on record, just in case they come by again. I know gypsies don't like attention, and also, they usually back off at the first sign of aggression.

They prey on the elderly. That's what pisses me off. They also use their children as part of their scam.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharilyn View Post
        My 90 yr old Aunty got hit by gypsy con artists. She met a family in a parking lot, and was was sweet talked into selling her vintage car for $200. Then, they convinced her to hire them to fix her roof for $3,000. A few days later, they asked for more money. My Aunty felt intimidated and let the wife drive her to the bank, where she emptied her savings account.

I told her to call the police. I know they will say it's a civil matter, since she hired them and gave them money on her own.
        You call the police. This is a crime. It is elder abuse. You do not have to be the victim to report the crime.
        As far as the roof, if they are not licensed contractors that is also a crime.

Keep us updated!
        sigpicIt's slowly dawned on me that we won the real estate lottery!

Comment

Originally posted by honobob View Post
          You call the police. This is a crime. It is elder abuse. You do not have to be the victim to report the crime.
          As far as the roof, if they are not licensed contractors that is also a crime.

Keep us updated!
          I live on a different island from my Aunty. Her son is taking care of things. I hesitate posting anything further on a public message board, just in case the con artists happen by this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharilyn View Post
            My 90 yr old Aunty got hit by gypsy con artists. I think it should be on record, just in case they come by again. I know gypsies don't like attention, and also, they usually back off at the first sign of aggression.

They prey on the elderly. That's what pisses me off.
            Your Auntys son is probably in his 60's. HE may be intimidated! These gypsies NEED attention.

YOU should be posting what parking lot they met in and what vintage car was "sold" and what bank allowed a 90 year old woman to walk in and to empty their savings account.

Your silence is endangering your Aunty and other seniors AND the children of the gypsies. You're worried about the gypsies reading Hawaii Threads? Call the police NOW!

Comment

Your Auntys son is probably in his 60's. HE may be intimidated! These gypsies NEED attention.

YOU should be posting what parking lot they met in and what vintage car was "sold" and what bank allowed a 90 year old woman to walk in and to empty their savings account.

Your silence is endangering your Aunty and other seniors AND the children of the gypsies. You're worried about the gypsies reading Hawaii Threads? Call the police NOW!
              One son is early 60s, the other is 55. She also has two married daughters, grandchildren, and great-grand children. They are not intimidated, believe me. I know they are in the middle of doing something, and I don't want to disclose it publicly and potentially screw it up by tipping them off.

I got a mini version of what happened; I don't know the details of what parking lot, bank, car, etc. I am on another island, and not privvy to more information.

I am sorry I brought this up. I won't be posting more on this subject.

Comment

Sorry if I seem persistent but I am not trying to be offensive to you and maybe this thread is "only" to vent and not meant for advice or solutions...but what really pisses me off is when an elder or child is abused and THEN friends and family come along and say they thought something was up/wrong/weird/should have be done.

What's up with THAT?

Comment

What's up with THAT?
                  Should've. could've, would've.

Ninety years old and by herself to be left victim?
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

What's up with THAT?
                    Wasn't that line the catch phrase of Cliff Clavel in his standup comedy?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                      Wasn't that line the catch phrase of Cliff Clavel in his standup comedy?
                      What 'cho talking about Willis?

Comment

What 'cho talking about Willis?
                        Making your way in the world today
                        Takes everything you’ve got
                        Taking a break from all your worries
                        Sure would help a lot
                        Wouldn’t you like to get away

Comment

1. Is it really necessary to speak to your loved ones as though they have the IQ as a houseplant? Is it necessary to do this constantly and on a more consistent basis? And when one brings up the issue, they just snap and walk away? Grrr.

2. Having to watch one of your best friends' husband treat her like absolute $#%t. And having to watch her just take it. Yeah, they've been together 12 years and have a small child, but I've known her since junior high- when she was a totally different person. Fun, outgoing, happy. Now she's just...her sparkle is gone. I knew he was a jerk when she met him 12 years ago, and he's 100X worse now. I know it's not my place to say anything to her, but it just kills me to see.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Domestic Violence Victim Bill of Rights

You have the right NOT to be abused.

You have the right to anger over past beatings.

You have a right to choose to change the situation.

You have a right to freedom from fear of abuse.

You have a right to request and expect assistance from police or social agencies.

You have a right to share your feelings and not be isolated from others.

You have a right to want a better role model of communication for yourself and your children.

You have a right to be treated like an adult.

You have a right to leave the battering environment.

You have a right to privacy.

You have a right to express your own thoughts and feelings.

You have a right to develop your individual talents and abilities.

You have a right to legally prosecute the abusing spouse.

You have a right not to be perfect.

(Adapted from; Victimology: An International Journal., Vol. 2 1977-78, No. 3-4, p.550)
                            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Not really pissing me off. But, the threads about pet peeves have been closed for some reason. It's more of an annoying thing. People who press the button for the elevator or for crosswalks just after you pressed it. Do they think I fake the button press?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                                Not really pissing me off. But, the threads about pet peeves have been closed for some reason. It's more of an annoying thing. People who press the button for the elevator or for crosswalks just after you pressed it. Do they think I fake the button press?
                                Funny you should mention that. I was standing at an intersection today, no one else around, and pressed the crosswalk button. A few seconds later a lady approached the same area but first asked if I'd already pressed the button. That was a first!

Comment

Working...
                                X