Guitar Center coming! Run!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Center coming! Run!

Yep, the megolith musical instrument outlet will be scanning the Oahu area for at least one store, and possibly for Maui.
    On one hand, it will be a welcome alternative to the coupla quasi-biggies we already have, and getting the newest items in sooner to check out will be cool, but buying from them... Only if I can't get it much cheaper elsewhere.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: Guitar Center coming! Run!

What do you think of Musician's Friend?
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Musician's Friend

their shipping to Hawaii is outrageous so I don't even look at their site. ZZounds is good as is Music123. Even Ebay is better than MF. Just type in a 96xxx zip code and watch the price double

Comment

They've been rumored to come to Oahu for LONG time... I don't think its gonna happen now, especially in tougher economic times... And anyone who's been to a Guitar Center on the Mainland knows how much they suck and what stuck-up idiots the workers are!

Comment

Originally posted by Maduro View Post
          And anyone who's been to a Guitar Center on the Mainland knows how much they suck and what stuck-up idiots the workers are!
          Actually, I've had some good experiences there, when buying portable bass amps. The best conversation I had was with a guy who found out that I was accompanying an `ukulele ensemble, which intrigued him greatly --- because he was from Hawai`i. He was also a musician, and I ended up playing his music on our Hawaiian radio shows in Seattle. (Also found out later that he was distantly related to my Alpha Female.)

So his "idiot worker" status must have been countered by his "connection to Hawai`i" one, yeah?

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
            What do you think of Musician's Friend?
            One thing I really like about MF is their new Fender Friday Deals. Real sale prices on good stuff. But you gotta call early and ask what they have. They always have more than they list on their site. They start taking calls at 4am to 11pm, PT - 866-926-1929.
            Thankfully I missed the last 2 fridays which kept the door open for snagging the Strat of my dreams, off ebay. Luck be a Lady tonite!

They've been rumored to come to Oahu for LONG time... I don't think its gonna happen now, especially in tougher economic times...
            They say they think the Hawaii market is underserved. In some ways I agree. But other than as I've already stated, I doubt they will entice me. If they bring their bad PR and attitudes, they'll fail and be outta here faster than Linda Lingle on her last day in office. We already have more than enuf of that crap here at the larger music stores.

Comment

strat of your dreams

build it at Carvin.com for half of any Fender and it's a much better guitar than Fender

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                So his "idiot worker" status must have been countered by his "connection to Hawai`i" one, yeah?
                A couple of decades ago I was at a friends wedding in San Francisco, and drunkenly stumbled outside to get some air and wound up in the music store next door. The dude behind the counter happened to be from Hawaii and we wound up chatting for a long time. He showed this "new thing" that I wound up buying, an electronic guitar tuner, a little gizmo that helped me get back into playing live music.
                Burl Burlingame
                "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Yes, Carvin is sweet...

Originally posted by Palolo lolo View Post
                  build it at Carvin.com for half of any Fender and it's a much better guitar than Fender
                  I could have made my own and was considering it, and may still, but if you saw the guitar that will be in my hands this week, from another thread, you'd have to agree I made the right choice just based on looks alone, it's the prettiest I've seen in years. Then toss in the superb playability/sounds, along with the plethora of special specs this particular guitar is equipped with and it at least equals anything Fender has ever made. They are called Classic Player 50's. Listing at $1300, I nailed it at $550, and may not have to change a thing.
                  To build anything comparable, let alone how I would, it would be well over a grand, and that's with getting things cheap.
                  I'd rather spend that on an Edwards 'Jimmy Page' Les Paul with a pair of Mules popped in.
                  Last edited by Ron Whitfield; November 4, 2009, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Can't beat Dan's Guitars, Good Guys or Coconut Grove Music... Easy Music Center is run now by rich banker's kid with no music background.. go figure...

Comment

The Guitar Center rumor has been happening on and off for about ten years now, so I'm kinda curious where Ron's info came from. There was nothing about it on Guitar Center's website, BTW.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Can't beat Dan's Guitars, Good Guys or Coconut Grove Music... Easy Music Center is run now by rich banker's kid with no music background.. go figure...
                        That's the three I bother with, and I still window shop at Island. Jim has been cool to me forever. Won't into Easy unless I want to get pissed off.

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                        The Guitar Center rumor has been happening on and off for about ten years now, so I'm kinda curious where Ron's info came from. There was nothing about it on Guitar Center's website, BTW.
                        I read it just yesterday but I've been reading so much lately that I've forgotten where, I just filed the pertinant info. It was way beyond rumor this time.

Comment

Working...
                        X