Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who thinks that it'll rain on xmas?

Originally posted by Miulang
    I going be in San Francisco eating dim sum in Chinatown.

Miulang

again wit da San Fran! You lucky, you!
    love that city.
    Take a little time to visit the tonga room, fairmont hotel...
    let me know how ya like it, k?

haight/ashbury
    oh and no foget Fisherman’s Wharf too.
    what's yer dolphin, I mean purpose for going there?

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
      again wit da San Fran! You lucky, you!
      love that city.
      Take a little time to visit the tonga room, fairmont hotel...
      let me know how ya like it, k?

haight/ashbury
      oh and no foget Fisherman’s Wharf too.
      what's yer dolphin, I mean purpose for going there?
      Since we going holoholo dis time (not for business), I going try find da Tonga Room. My kane neva been to SF, so I said, "Eh, we go someplace different for New Year, OK?" (usually we just stay home, suck up champagne and watch da fireworks show on da Space Needle on TV and den go moemoe). He said "OK". So we go! I like go hit some afta XMas sales in Union Sq. Since JD neva been to SF, gotta go down to Fisherman's Wharf, Ghiradelli, etc. You know, all da tourist dakine. Hope everyting going be open dis weekend.

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Miulang, Have a safe and eat up in San Francisco! I sure miss the soft tacos w/ shredded pork(tased like kalua pig) on the corner of...eh, I forget already! GOD BLESS!
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Since we going holoholo dis time (not for business), I going try find da Tonga Room. ... Union Sq. Since JD neva been to SF,
          Miulang

fairmont hotel is that one that faces Un. Sq.

see the gene hackman flik;
          "the conversation" as well as "vertigo" before you two go.

oh and that kelly lebrock/gene wilder red dress movie.

I recommend the Savoy for lodging. and the restaurant next to their diminutive lobby is excellent.
          Savoy is just a short walk up Geary from Un Sq..
          http://www.thesavoyhotel.com/
          (geary is mentioned in vertigo.)

It is in a theatre district. we walk downhill from the savoy and pass near F.A.O. Shwartz toward Un Sq.

http://www.sanfrancisco.worldweb.com...map_id=1:18236

hit the mission dolores, and on the way to or from, Mission San Juan Bautista... a bit of old san fran. (they both played a big part in vertigo, too.)

and see the SoMa district too!
          Last edited by kimo55; December 27, 2004, 08:51 AM.

Comment

fairmont hotel is that one that faces Un. Sq.

see the gene hackman flik;
            "the conversation" as well as "vertigo" before you two go.

oh and that kelly lebrock/gene wilder red dress movie.

I recommend the Savoy for lodging. and the restaurant next to their diminutive lobby is excellent.
            Savoy is just a short walk up Geary from Un Sq..
            http://www.thesavoyhotel.com/
            (geary is mentioned in vertigo.)

It is in a theatre district. we walk downhill from the savoy and pass near F.A.O. Shwartz toward Un Sq.

http://www.sanfrancisco.worldweb.com...map_id=1:18236

hit the mission dolores, and on the way to or from, Mission San Juan Bautista... a bit of old san fran. (they both played a big part in vertigo, too.)

and see the SoMa district too!
            We're staying in the Hotel Beresford which is on Geary (I think). Cheap ($89/night) but got decent reviews.Definitely a few steps down from the St. Francis, which is where I stayed in Oct! Only about 1 1/2 blocks from Union Sq., though and about 10 minutes' walk (if you walk slowly) from the Chinatown Gate. Definitely need to hit SoMa and the Embarcadero this time. Maybe take a ferry ride up to Sausalito, too.

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Maybe take a ferry ride up to Sausalito, too.

Miulang

oh yea. Sausalito..
              forgot that as a definite must see.

http://www.uss-bennington.org/hu-statenferry.html

Comment

If you have a chance take HWY80 and check out Sea World in Vallejo! Lots of Local people from Hawai'i too. I had my youngest daughter there way back in 1984...now she & hubby are expecting their first baby, a boy(my first granchild) anytime soon! ooohhh the memories this site brings. Miulang, you always seem to be the one who floods my head with memories...good kine!

Comment

You talking about Six Flags Marine World in Vallejo?

I've been there a few times, it's a fun place. You may have to wait until spring since the park is closed during the winter..

Comment

Originally posted by 808_m3
                    You talking about Six Flags Marine World in Vallejo?

I've been there a few times, it's a fun place. You may have to wait until spring since the park is closed during the winter..
                    Yeah! thats the one! Oops, my apologies! I gave birth to Christy-Lynn at Vallejo General on Feb.4, 1984! My late husband, kids and I lived and had our home and restaurant on Spring's Road! Ahh, the memories...

Comment

oh yea. Sausalito..
                      forgot that as a definite must see.

http://www.uss-bennington.org/hu-statenferry.html
                      I used to looove Sausalito! For six months back in '82 my main income was going to the Sausalito Boater's Swap Meet. I got what I needed, a mast, rudder and other parts while selling what I didn't need. I fixed up a 31' Piver Trimeran there. Along with getting side jobs helping others fix up their boats. What a life!
                      Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X