Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Calling Nurse Adrian!

Originally posted by btwnc2c
    Tell me more about this CNA program, please. I didn't know that they had CNA programs that lasted only a couple of weeks and cost only several hundred dollars.
    My Mom found out about this program through our case manager for the care home. It was started a few weeks ago, and it only started to be 100 hours (2 weeks) and we were the guinea pigs for some lessons. In my class, they'res a lot of filipinos (they're from all over, mainly from the leeward side).

We basically learned everything a CNA learned (by example at the clinical during the last few days). A teacher just walked through the skills and made us do it, w/out letting us ask any questions, and he gave us a lot of tests (when we were only supposed to get 1, we got 3 in a row; and I was the only one to pass all of those ).
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Well, Adrian. You're just barely into your 20s. This is the time you are supposed to be for figuring out what you want to be "when you grow up."

I hope you finally do find something you really want to do during the next 10 years. Looking at all the stuff you've been through, as bad as some of it may have seemed, at least taught you what you didn't want to do!

So does that mean you are planning to go back to tech school? Are you going to study math harder so you can get through it this time?

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
        So does that mean you are planning to go back to tech school? Are you going to study math harder so you can get through it this time?

Miulang
        I almost forgot about school.

I'll try to study, while trying to nail this (if I don't take it before the graduation, then I won't take it) but I got a few requests to fix my classmate's computers, so maybe I can fix them and get some referrals on job leads in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by adri1456
          I almost forgot about school.

I'll try to study, while trying to nail this (if I don't take it before the graduation, then I won't take it) but I got a few requests to fix my classmate's computers, so maybe I can fix them and get some referrals on job leads in the process.
          Give me a break...Chapter III - Chelsea's Life!
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I failed my CNA test!!!

I thought I studied everything I could during the past few days, but I didn't pass my CNA (Certified Nurses Aid) test.

The skills I had to demonstrate was randomly picked from a pile of cards, and the three I did (along with hand washing) was measuring a patient's height in bed, moving a patient from the bed to a (wheel)chair, and combing/brushing the patient's hair.

I thought I did everything good, but when they called me in for an evaluation, I passed everything but measuring the patient in bed (my first skill after hand washing). I measured from the patient's head to the shoulders first, then from the shoulders to the feet, but I was supposed to use 2 cardboards and mark where the head began to the feet, and measure it that way. :doh:

To make it more embarrasing, that was a skill our class did multiple times, and that was the easiest one.

In the group, I was the first to be evaluated, so I don't know how the others did. After I received word that I failed, I somehow gathered myself and walked to the nearest bus stop, where for the next 30 minutes, tourists asked me where was the popular tourist attractions. Since I didn't know anything, I just politely said that I didn't know, but with my failure, I almost yelled at them.

It looks like I won't be taking it anytime soon, as school is about to start and I have to nail this one, or else I'll be in deeper waters.

Comment

Whatever pleases you Adrian! You go get um' boy! You can be anything you want to be. I can relate to your mind thinking ways. Just remember don't hurt nobody or yourself. Take your medications and please, please, please...don't go into Kekela or Kahi Mohala the same time as me again!

You were mad and didn't know where, yet you yelled at the tourists? Adrian, having mental illness and knowing you need medications is the first step to reality. You're pist about others posting about a different subject. Who cares? It wasn't any MOD who merged any of your threads. It's all in your mind. What you need to do is get psychiatric help. Don't be scared. Don't feel shame. Just go. You'll be happier and a bigger help not only to your family but most especially to your mom.

Take care, young man...
              Auntie Lynn aka Aunty Pupule
              Last edited by 1stwahine; April 12, 2005, 05:32 PM.
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

God, I hate it when mods merge threads together.

My Mom wants me to go on Saturday and redo it, but I have an Explorer event (PAL Baseball opening ceremony) to go to and its so close to school (going back on the 20th).

BTW, we only have one client to take care of now; the one with the tube feeding (like Terri Schiavo) went back to the hospital because my Mom hates the way his family (daughter and her husband) treat her/the agency.

And does everything go OT whenever someone else mentions another topic in it? (my main reason why I rarely post here now)

Comment

Adrian:

Look, buddy. You just missed it. Get back up on that horse and try it again while momentum's still on your side. You sound a little bit like me, and I don't mean that in a good way. Finish something. If it means you're a little extra-stressed for a week or two while school starts back up, then bring it on. Just get it done.

And I'm serious about the math help. Let me know if you need it. The kind of help I can give you generally costs thirty bucks an hour, but if your schedule is flexible enough, I'll help you for free.
                  Last edited by scrivener; April 12, 2005, 08:27 PM. Reason: (unintentional sexual-harrassment-sounding sentence adjusted for appropriateness)
                  But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                  GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
                    Adrian:

Look, buddy. You just missed it. Get back up on that horse and try it again while momentum's still on your side. You sound a little bit like me, and I don't mean that in a good way. Finish something. If it means you're a little extra-stressed for a week or two while school starts back up, then bring it on. Just get it done.

And I'm serious about the math help. Let me know if you need it. The kind of help I can give you generally costs thirty bucks an hour, but if your schedule is flexible enough, I'll help you for free.
                    Thanks for the offer, and I'll PM you as soon as I need help.

I'm also preparing myself for 3 months of nonstop work, even if I have to go out on the weekends to get a new doorknob that will lock, and install it myself.

ITS DO OR DIE TIME!!

Comment

Working...
                    X