Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you do when standing in a LONG line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you do when standing in a LONG line?

Originally posted by pzarquon
    Check my e-mail, catch up on a few newsfeeds, browse a couple of websites... from long lines to waiting rooms, smartphones have saved what little sanity geeks like me have left.
    Oh, be quiet. Those of us with lesser gadget-fu have to content ourselves with a good paperback novel.

Comment

Ooops, I was going to say I have my smaller laptop or Palm Pilot with me if I'm going to anticipate a wait but okay, a paperback and a magazine.

Comment

Actually, I'm in agreement with Kimo. I usually try to find ways to avoid standing in line in the first place.

One place I despise waiting in line is at the bank, especially during those busy pay days. Thank goodness for direct deposit and online banking! It's been awhile since I actually had to go to the bank.

At times when I do have to wait, I'm pretty much like everyone else. If I'm bored enough, I'll read the front page of those supermarket tabloids and chuckle at the headlines. A couple of times I've fired up the GPRS on my Sony-Ericsson portable phone and read some news.

Comment

The LONGs where i live in Henderson, Nevada.....If you have to wait in a long line.....you get tempted to to walk over to da machines and play video poker, slots, and/or keno!!! Those damn machines are right in front of the cash register(s). If you play and lose your money ....you get to go home emty handed, ha, ha,ha! But, if you win...(very rare) then you can go on a shopping spree!!! Viva Las Vegas!!!!
          ~Braddah Ronny!!

Comment

That's why I always carry my iPod (w/ headphones of course) with me where ever I go).

If I get bored with the 2gb of songs on my iPod (which is really rare) then I play its games, or play the games on my cell phone.
            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I pretend I'm an Iraqi citizen, waiting in another queue for my monthly ration of bread. I don't fidget or fuss unless some lolohead tries to cut in line in front of me. Then I usually will tell the offender where the end of the line is. Sometimes if I'm feeling charitable, I'll let someone into the line in front of me, but only if I'm in a good mood.

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

ME....
                I jus' talk story with my hubby, & make good kine jokes with him.

My hubby, so funny...
                He kracks me up!.
                Aches & Pains
                (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

My problem with long longs isn't the wait...it's the unfortunate timing of my kids needing to go to the bathroom or my 1-year old needing an emergency diaper change! Have you ever changed a baby's daiper while standing in line? When a store manager told me I had to do that in the restrooms, I simply handed him the rolled up diaper and asked him to be kind and throw it out for me while we (all of us in line) stood patiently in line because some store manager didn't step up and help out their cashiers by opening up another register.

So which option do you think the store manager opted for: Open up another register by manning it himself or toss out the diaper? Either way he got a lot of crap for either decision.
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                  X