Plans for Valentine's Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Plans for Valentine's Day?

Here's my delayed response to this thread. Due to emergency situations at work, my schedule faced a great deal of upheaval Valentine's Day week and the week prior. After working mornings, then evenings, eventually I found myself working all night (instead of early in the morning, which is my usual work time). As a result, I was pretty tired and disoriented and out of it.

I suggested to my boyfriend that we each just pick a day in the ensuing two weeks where could we spontaneously surprise each other with something V-day-related. I wanted to be more awake and less exhausted so I could come up with something special--and also have the energy to properly appreciate my boyfriend's Vday contribution. (All this working at night had gotten me pretty grouchy; I know I wasn't fun to be around during that time!) However, it turned out that my boyfriend still chose to go the conventional route, and he got me roses the day of. Since I wasn't expecting it, especially in light of his agreeing to my suggestion of delaying Vday until my work schedule calmed down, it definitely surprised me! :-) Later on in the week I surprised him with something personal that I created, and he seemed to like it.

Comment

Re: Plans for Valentine's Day?

No matter how late...it's always refreshing to hear of LOVE and the thought of gift giving to one another!
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
      X