Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do you relieve stress?

[QUOTE=shaveice
    (incidentally, there's that place in chinatown that i haven't been to in ages but i think it's called hanks. man, the guys who play there are the WORST musicians ever (probably just customers playing) but they are the HAPPIEST musicians i've seen and so i love that place. who cares if they're off key, they're having a blast and that's what it's about.)
    QUOTE]

HANKS! I went to meet AbsolutChaos for the first time there on my birthday in January. I know the owners Hank and David. As for the musicians...you're right, they are regular customers. Two are very good friends "Braddah Connie" and "Jimmy." On Sundays the use to broadcast a live Country Western/Talk Show. I forgot the guy's name....look like Santa Claus. heheh

The atmosphere is lighted and eveybody talk story. Friendly place and friendly people. Still be careful cause it's in the heart of Chinatown.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Re: How do you relieve stress?

I used to relieve stress by walking, where I used to live (Moilili-McCully)is one of the best places in the world for walking I think. Every evening unless it was pouring I would walk from Hausten Diamond Head along Date St., around the Ala Wai golf course, ewa along the Ala Wai itself, all the way to McCully and back to Hausten. It took me about 1.5 hours and is one of the things I miss most about home. NYC is supposedly a 'walking city' and in a way that's the problem-there are so many ppl on the street pushing and shoving and walking their dogs with the leash taking up half the sidewalk and tourists walking three abreast and yakking on their cellphones that you have to be constantly on the defensive-walking is definitely not relaxing here. Now that I am living in an area with delicious Indian and Chinese food I relieve stress by eating...

Comment

Working...
      X