Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Moving!!!

Originally posted by Amati View Post
    [...]I suppose a landlord could agree to pay the credit check fee themselves, but up to that point they do NOT have a relationship with the applicants, so why would the landlord pay for perhaps multiple applicants, that would not be good business sense.
    You explained it way better than I did when I mentioned reimbursing the tenant after they move!
    Originally posted by Amati View Post
    I've read that it sometimes works out for an applicant to run their own credit check beforehand (you can get one for free), and use copies of that to attach to the initial application(s). That saves on having to pay out numerous times to various property management companies for a credit check.
    I rarely finance anything so am not intimately familiar with credit checks but aren't there a couple of different ways credit is checked that can produce different scores? I seem to remember something like that when I leased my car. I took in my credit report but the dealership used something different. If that makes sense, one would need to know which credit check a mgmt company might use. In addition to credit checks they also do background checks, check personal references, check social media and hold your first born for ransom!!!

Comment

An annual free credit check is available online here. Access to a free report from each of the three major credit reporting companies is provided through the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACT Act).

Yes, there are other things that a homeowner/property mgt company might check on, but at least the credit report can be obtained by the applicant (for free).

My guess is that a property management company will do credit reports on all applicants, and then do more extensive research on those who pass the credit scrutiny. Bad credit can definitely more than just trying to get a charge card or car loan!
      Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Moving is a very stress filled process..

A home is a place where one feels comfortable and familiar.

Too much moving ends up with a large stressed out component of society

migrating from one management company to another.

Here in Seattle the largest longhouse of Chief Sealth was over six hundred feet in length.

The immediate family lived in the middle area and the rest was divided by familial rank.

A longhouse was a framed and weatherproof home for many families.

Comment

Working...
        X