Ugliest Building in Honolulu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ugliest Building in Honolulu?

I still think the Gold Bond Bldg on Ala Moana BLVD is the most ugliest and most functionally deprived building on Oahu. The parking floors don't line up properly with the rest of the building and it's real easy to get lost within it's structure as the main interior is circular despite the building's squarish exterior and massive AC ducting on top.

Coming up a fast second place is any of the Nauru Towers, especially the newest Hawaiki tower on the formerly known address of 404 Piikoi Street. I don't understand how the developers were able to change the address considering the front entrance is still on Piikoi Street.

Then there's the two Hoover upright vacuum cleaners better known as One Waterfront Towers.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Yep...the Gold Bond building is totally non-descript! And getting in and out of parking via the circular ramp is unnerving!

Another completely uninteresting building is the senior housing highrise bordered by Queen, Keawe and Coral Sts.

As a 180 from this thread...the new fire dept. headquarters on the corner of Queen and South is quite nice; architecturally interesting, imnsho!

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
        the Nauru Towers,
        ugly inside as well;
        friend of mine who was doing some remodelling there sez the floors are settling and carpetlayers are very frustrated to see things not lining up anymore. So yer 30th floor unit will soon be the 25th floor.

Comment

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Convention Center - thats pretty ugly! Built to use every possible square inch of the property & it just kind of "lurks" there on the corner like some beast, ready to pounce.
          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

After the Convention Center opened my first two comments about the place was:

1) I hate to be the guy who has to masking tape the windows during a hurricane warning.
            2) How many rolls of masking tape will take to do all those windows?

Comment

Working...
            X