X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling price of N.Hilo estate

Dang, each of us has missed an opportunity:

From the StarAdverter:
    It was a somewhat over-the-top mansion built on an oceanfront bluff in North Hilo, but it didn't sell for an over-the-top price.
    New York-based luxury real estate firm Concierge Auctions announced in March that it had sold a heavily marketed estate dubbed Water Falling at auction for an undisclosed price after a prior effort that listed the home for $26.5 million.
    Recently published property records show the estate sold for $5.75 million to a couple from Kansas City, Mo.
    It is an "8,100-square-foot mansion". You could probably fit a whole bunch of ohana in that house, and by dividing up the price, come out with a reasonable portion of the mortgage for each. [Notice that I said "a whole bunch" of ohana, but heck, at 8,000+ SF, you could probably avoid running into each other at every turn.]
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Re: Selling price of N.Hilo estate

I was tracking this story when the auction was happening, but lost track of it. Thanks for the update. I'm surprised they didn't even break $10 million. Of course it's not the land, it's the property where all the capital was sunk... I hope the developer didn't lose his/her shirt.

Comment

Working...
    X