Graffitti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Graffitti

i sort of disagree with some of your comment. i dont advocate anyone putting up grafitti on public property, but i think it is an art form. after all, if a crucifice in a pool of urine is considered art, why not this?
    i drive thru kalihi every day and theres some construction. the walls around the construction site has all kind of crap on it, just scribbles. all one color. now thats crap.
    some construction sites walls have paint on it and a nice stencil (hula dancers near that one in downtown). it would have been nice if a project was sponsored to allow artists to decorate these temporary walls, allowing artists to legally put up some temporary art. you might consider it an eyesore, but at least it might be nicer then the crap thats up now.
    just my $0.02
    Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

I think some cities have tried to channel graffiti by designating areas for graffiti, to give a venue for these so-called artists (depends on who you ask). Wonder if that worked or not.

Comment

Cool article in this month's Honolulu magazine on graffitti. Check it out some time.
        Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
          Its not the same color, its battleship gray, or at least the ones i've seen.
          Yeah, you need to get out more.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
          USA TODAY, page 2A
          11 March 1993

Comment

Its not the same color, its battleship gray, or at least the ones i've seen. So on say a blue wall you get a big gray block.
            Actually it's Gray #7
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Kahalu'u Kid View Post
              Cousin, keep your grafitti to yourself, brah. I'm not trying to look at that doo-doo. Seriously. You should go to art school, or start all over from scratch. Learn to paint or something, cuz your grafitti "career" will not take you far. Your "art" looks like some kindergarten class project. Sorry.
              Small clarification: I'm not a graffiti writer. I just take photographs of it.

The Honolulu Magazine feature is online here.

Comment

i sort of disagree with some of your comment. i dont advocate anyone putting up grafitti on public property, but i think it is an art form. after all, if a crucifice in a pool of urine is considered art, why not this?
                Because whoever thinks a crucifix in a pool of urine is considered art, should have his head examined. Get real.

Comment

Aloha~~~Downtown Chinatown is getting a facelift they are drawing some cool art on their boards that secure their store windows. better than all those tags vandals have been doing all over town.

Comment

There's been some road repair here in Mililani the past few weeks. I noticed that some of the road grading machines and pavers also got "tagged" when parked on the streets overnight.

Comment

The Chinatown storefront pieces:

Comment

Comment

those are some quick pics of the Chinatown boards... nice!

Comment

Aloha~~~why cant they catch the taggers along Chinatown? they got the cameras all thru there, no one watching the cameras?

Comment

i really like some of the banksy stuff... wonder what that says about me...
                              http://www.banksy.co.uk/shop/index.html
                              Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

• "Tagging"

As I drove home yesterday passing the former Jack in the Box in Waikiki on the corner of McCully and Kalakaua avenue, I couldn't help but wonder what on earth this particular "tag" spells out?....

The two middle "letters" look like a U and an E, but I'm not sure. Is the first letter a J? I can't even tell what the last "letter" is.

What the heck does that say? I'm really curious.

Then there's this one on the makai side of the building...

Is that "ICP" or "TCP"? Whatever this whole thing says or symbolizes, I'm guessing it's gang-related.

Actually, that almost looks better than the hideous pink paint those "buffet" guys painted the joint previously. lol

With the amount of police presence in Waikiki, these guys sure have some Cajones to do that.

There's gotta' be some way to put these guys artistic talent (and I actually think it's very artistic) towards a good cause and create some sort of legitimate and of course legal tagging competition. Of course though, the "bad guys" wouldn't participate, as their "style" would easily be noticed by law enforcement, "tagging" them to vandalized sites such as we have here at this Jack in the Box.
                                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
                                X