Graffitti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Graffitti

Nevermind pinkies or fingers, I say cut off the whole hand. Second conviction - other hand. Then keep working up from there.

Comment

The Writing on the Wall
      The costly problem spreads to affluent Honolulu areas
      Susan Essoyan, Honolulu Star-Bulletin, May 29, 2005:
      A new tally of graffiti islandwide shows a near doubling of incidents reported to authorities in 2004 over the previous year, a total of 1,625, up from 867. The data was collected from various agencies by Sgt. David Primiano of the Juvenile Services Division of the Honolulu Police Department, who decided to research the issue after noticing that graffiti was spreading... While graffiti is a trademark of ghetto life, nearly a quarter of the incidents reported last year were in Police District 7, which stretches from Manoa to Hawaii Kai and includes the richest neighborhoods on the island.
      I see the point of the story, but I think it's interesting that the piece sounds like it's saying grafitti only really started being a problem after it started affecting rich people. As long as it stayed in 'ghetto' neighborhoods, no one cared?

I like also that they're catching more folks at it. I always wondered why the cops didn't use the 'honeypot' approach. Big, clean, immensely visible walls are completely irresistable to these guys. The cops staked out the new wall along H-1 westbound near the Pearl City widening project, and sure enough, they caught some kids.

Comment

East Oahu Grafitti Meeting

If you want to see what I look like (not much, really), I'll be at a meeting tomorrow night to discuss East Oahu grafitti at the Aina Haina Library. But this isn't about me. Councilman Djou, Rep. Berg and Sen. Slom will be in attendance. My 4-year-old's preschool got tagged last night, as did the school's vans and the construction equipment on site. My 5-year-old's school has just cleaned up grafitti that hit over there a while back. I'm of the belief that these aren't just kids. These have to be people whose mommies and daddies don't mind that they are out from 1-5am each day. These are adults. It isn't art, it's vandalism. If they were so damn proud, than why do they have to do it under the cover of night?
        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

You raise a good point. I distinctly remember that some of the recent, big grafitti busts have been guys in their mid-20s. That's sad and infuriating on so many levels.

Comment

Re: East Oahu Grafitti Meeting

Originally posted by lavagal
            If you want to see what I look like
            I picture you as a yellow hibiscus growing out of lava rock.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
              I picture you as a yellow hibiscus growing out of lava rock.
              make that pahoehoe, smooth and curvy on the outside, fiery on the inside. let's see if my attachment of my logo shows up!
              Last edited by lavagal; January 15, 2008, 02:06 PM.
              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

yeah but no let the Ohia start growing thru cuz going hurt like falling off one bike!

One bad thing about pahoehoe...sometimes stay hollow underneath. Maybe mo bettah being a'a rough and jagged on the outside, and same ting on the inside
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

That's a nice logo, Lavagal!

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                    That's a nice logo, Lavagal!
                    here we go. this should be better. don't know why that was reversed. Hey! It doesn't look like grafitti does it? LOL. It's supposed to be a petroglyph!
                    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

That is a nice logo but the flower looks a bit disconnected from the head...or is that red puffy stuff just you venting on this board

Comment

I like yer hair-do!
                        wish mine had body like that.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                          That is a nice logo but the flower looks a bit disconnected from the head...or is that red puffy stuff just you venting on this board
                          well, it is supposed to be like a petroglyph so let's give it poetic license, OK? I'm sure someone said the same thing of Picasso's work, LOL!

Yeah, my hair has LOTS OF body. It's usually out to THERE. Gawd blessed my kids with normal hair, thank heavens! One time my big girl said "momma, you're hair is OUTTA CONTROL!"
                          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                            I always wondered why the cops didn't use the 'honeypot' approach. Big, clean, immensely visible walls are completely irresistable to these guys. The cops staked out the new wall along H-1 westbound near the Pearl City widening project, and sure enough, they caught some kids.
                            Aim some trafic cams in that direction, too.
                            Also, isn't most graffitti "tagging?" Which is like signing your name.
                            "Officer, somebody sprayed 'Kimo Christenson wuz hea' on the wall outside my house! Do you have any idea who could have done such a thing?"

Comment

Originally posted by FreaknHaole
                              Aim some trafic cams in that direction, too.
                              There aren't that many traffic cams available. We're not like England where there are thousands of police cameras. Yet.

Also, isn't most graffitti "tagging?" Which is like signing your name.
                              "Officer, somebody sprayed 'Kimo Christenson wuz hea' on the wall outside my house! Do you have any idea who could have done such a thing?"
                              Most taggers use nicknames. I mean, who the hell is PHYTO anyway?

Comment

I dunno but when I was living on Oahu I wanted to add to Phyto...is a fag and then see how long that name stays up.

Comment

Working...
                                X