Graffitti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by poinographer View Post
    I think that graffiti artists thrive off of this type of controversy; this style of public verbal "debate" motivates them to carry on. A self-reinforcing loop, it is.
    Verbal debate?.. name ONE public debate outside of the internet that has happened regarding Hawai'i's problem with graffiti and graffiti artist. I've NEVER heard of a community meeting or even a high school event with such a debate. This self-reinforcing loop has not happened... not even here.. everyone here except a few have only expressed their opinion regarding graffiti. No debating ever happened.. only expressed "graffiti is bad, graffiti is only cool when its on a wall where they get permission" comments. Occassionally you get some middle age geek posting his lame attempts at trying to be clever by stating the obvious but other than that.. we got diddly squat as far as debating is concerned.

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
    Make sure you and your pals wear warm clothes cause the winter months are coming. It's darn cold in the calaboose especially prison. Infact, you can't do much drawing inside there. They own your time.

So the next time you mess up a freeway sign or rooftop...enjoy it to the Max. It may just be your LAST.

Yeeehaaaaa!!!

Auntie Lynn
    no worries.. we accept our demise for the sake of our art, our voice. At least we have the guts to speak for ourselves even if its at the cost of exile. We have something to show for it. Weren't not a recovering druggy turned alcholoic in denail getting our adrenaline rush by posting lame antics on a thread dealing with a topic they can't intelligently speak about. ha.. now that's so funny... YEEEEEEHAAAAAWWWW!

Uncle Boohley

Comment

• Re: Graffitti

Why no Debates on Graffiti? No make LAUGH!!!

Because Dear Boy, it is ILLEGAL to paint, draw on private/public property that doesn't belong to you!

Simple unless you no undastand.

Das why.

L.V.
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

If you can't break em... bust em!

City hot lines standing by to handle graffiti reports

The Honolulu Police Department's graffiti hot line is 529-3222 and the City and County of Honolulu's is 527-5180.

Call the HPD number to report graffiti on either public or private property.
        http://starbulletin.com/2004/03/07/news/kokualine.html

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo's Bruddah
          no worries.. we accept our demise for the sake of our art, our voice. At least we have the guts to speak for ourselves even if its at the cost of exile. We have something to show for it. Weren't not a recovering druggy turned alcholoic in denail getting our adrenaline rush by posting lame antics on a thread dealing with a topic they can't intelligently speak about. ha.. now that's so funny... YEEEEEEHAAAAAWWWW!

Uncle Boohley
          Bruh...I'm PuPule! Everybody knows dat. I'm not in Denial. Adrenaline rush? hahahahaha I'm Lithium and Topicate. Lame Antics? Moa Funny! At least I don't go around doing illegal things.

L.V.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
            Why no Debates on Graffiti? No make LAUGH!!!

Because Dear Boy, it is ILLEGAL to paint, draw on private/public property that doesn't belong to you!

Simple unless you no undastand.

Das why.
            Besides stating the obvious points (AGAIN).... Thank you for proving my point as to how there is and never will be no debate on Hawai'i's problem of graffiti.

Graffiti is illegal therefore we have graffiti artist.

SIMPLE YEAH.. UNLESS YOU NO UNDERSTAND.

I just thought you guys ACTUALLY wanted to debate a solution.. but I guess you rather stick to the typical absolutes and spend many more years trying to fight a battle you can't win thus putting your talented children and your children's talented children in prison. Close mindedness, I'm slowly realizing, is contagious. I like to think society sincerely wants to help each other, especially in Hawai'i where our culture is based on the idea of everyone is connected with everyone in the village, where so many of our people are enslaved each day by drugs, a life of crime, and even the system that has been made to protect them.. yet we have the ignorant who under a shroud of denail think with such a limited mindset of absolutes and black and white problem solving skills.

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
            If you can't break em... bust em!

City hot lines standing by to handle graffiti reports

http://starbulletin.com/2004/03/07/news/kokualine.html
            I can google corrupted cops too.. should I post that.

Comment

I love Art. I have many Artist friends. Infact, I help promote First Fridays in Downtown/Chinatown every month on HT and on my blog. I also do it verbally to everyone I meet. On my Chinatown Tours, I make sure I take my visitors to the various shops to see the beautiful works of Arts and Crafts.

Children need to be shown the beauty in how to express their artistic talents. They also need to know the values of rules and regulations.

Nuff said.

L.V.
              Last edited by 1stwahine; October 2, 2006, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Bruh...I'm PuPule! Everybody knows dat. I'm not in Denial. Adrenaline rush? hahahahaha I'm Lithium and Topicate. Lame Antics? Moa Funny! At least I don't go around doing illegal things.

L.V.
                Yeah I'm not in denial either! lepo!

At least I can speak intelligently, create somthing beautiful, and am not a druggy turned alcoholic.. oh and I'm sooooo much younger than you! yeah that's all...

cheee heee!

Comment

a) I didn't google... I just did a search on the starulletins site.

b) theres already a thread on HPD located here:http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthr...ghlight=busted

If you would like to participate there your more than welcome.

Comment

Please do...in Hawai'i? I'd like to see dat.

L.V.

Comment

a) I didn't google... I just did a search on the starulletins site.

b) theres already a thread on HPD located here:http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthr...ghlight=busted

If you would like to participate there your more than welcome.
                      c) your point is?

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo's Bruddah View Post
                        Yeah I'm not in denial either! lepo!

At least I can speak intelligently, create somthing beautiful, and am not a druggy turned alcoholic.. oh and I'm sooooo much younger than you! yeah that's all...

cheee heee!
                        For your information...I'm a recovering alcoholic.heheheh

I drink when I want to drink. With whom I want to drink with. I don't have to drink. hahahahaha

Wap ya JAWS!

Age getting in to dis now? Yeah. You're younger den me. So?

L.V.
                        Last edited by 1stwahine; October 2, 2006, 03:03 PM.

Comment

c) your point is?
                          my point... is that as you complain about us being so harsh and supposedly "censoring you" I in turn am telling you to go write about all the corrupted cops you want... just make sure you do on the appropriate thread that I was trying to direct you to.

Why say something like you did... if your not going to follow up on it...

We would all like to hear about corrupted cops.... can you tell us something about it we don't already know is the question?

Comment

For your information...I'm a recovering alcoholic.heheheh

I drink when I want to drink. With whom I want to drink with. I don't have to drink. hahahahaha

Wap ya JAWS!

L.V.
                            be sure to tell the children you mentor that minor detail. I'm sure they'll be fascinated with the demons you once succumed to. I love the hypocrisy here! WINNAHS!

Comment

be sure to tell the children you mentor that minor detail. I'm sure they'll be fascinated with the demons you once succumed to. I love the hypocrisy here! WINNAHS!
                              My story is out for ALL to see and read. I never hide my past. I share it with everyone young and old...especially the little ones so they don't make the same mistakes I did.

L.V.

Comment

• Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                                my point... is that as you complain about us being so harsh and supposedly "censoring you" I in turn am telling you to go write about all the corrupted cops you want... just make sure you do on the appropriate thread that I was trying to direct you to.
                                really that's your point.. I never even heard your arguement. Appropriate thread? honestly I could care less.

Why say something like you did... if your not going to follow up on it...
                                Why say anything.. you haven't posed any questions, comments, or anything useful even remotely related to the topic of graffiti.

We would all like to hear about corrupted cops.... can you tell us something about it we don't already know is the question?
                                ha... and I thought this was a thread about graffiti.

Don't get me started on corrupted cops.. f'real.. these snakes have been given positions of authority and use it towards their own personal benefit and agenda which 99% of the time has nothing to do with what a police officer stands for. If you are at all a Hawai'i resident then I don't have to explain or give any examples of what I just mentioned. Sadly Hawai'i is filled with these sad excuses for "serving the people". And the ones that thrive to be police officers now know they have these perks and/or exemptions.. I even know families that have admitted to encouraging thier young adults to become cops in order to gain these perks. I honestly believe there is no difference between the criminals we put in exile vs. the cops we choose to protect us.

My story is out for ALL to see and read. I never hide my past. I share it with everyone young and old...especially the little ones so they don't make the same mistakes I did.

L.V.
                                hmmm what a revelation you managed to come up with

Imagine former graffiti artists educating the little ones so they don't make the same mistake! hmmmmmmm...

theres a nice little potential solution to the problem. kudos!

Comment

Working...
                                X