Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Threads going off-topic

Originally posted by kimo55
    how did I know aunty would try to correct the joke. and again miss the point?
    duhhh...takes one to know one? hahahahahahah
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
      duhhh...takes one to know one? hahahahahahah

wow.

Comment

this is as good a topic to go off on..

"those magnetic bows every tom, dick and harry put's on" just happens to show support for the troops.

there are so much agencies and copy cats who have jumped on the bandwagon to show support but in the meantime make big profits and none gets to the troops

my son replied, "No, Mom!" "We got nothing..."

Yeah, magnetic ribbons? I'm glad I didn't fall for that crap.

Ok, then. So exactly HOW does this new fad "just happens to show support for the troops" ?

Comment

this is as good a topic to go off on..

Ok, then. So exactly HOW does this new fad "just happens to show support for the troops" ?
          they purchase ribbons thinking that the proceeds will go towards something for the troops. some do, some don't. more ribbons on car shows more support for the troops, or one has more money to buy two? i dunno!

here we go around the mulberry "BUSH" , so early in the morning!

Comment

more ribbons on car shows more support for the troops, or one has more money to buy two?

my question still stands.

Comment

my question still stands.

Poof be gone!

Comment

Re: Off Topic

Well, since you two lovebirds are clearly unable to stay off topic, here's an old article on those damned magnets. If you feel really strongly about them, you could always pick up an AntiMagnet magnet:

See also JustaFad ("Support Magnetic Ribbons") and PomoSideshow ("God Bless Jingoist Ribbons"). The folks at Fark went to town on this topic (see the occasional picture contribution).

Now can we please return to non-sequiturs and random thoughts?
                Last edited by pzarquon; April 22, 2005, 11:16 AM. Reason: More magnet parody links.

Comment

again wit da "lovebirds"!
                  what...
                  how....

Originally posted by pzarquon
                  Well, since you two lovebirds are clearly unable to stay off topic, .....

Now can we please return to non-sequiters and random thoughts?
                  please define sequiter and random for aunty.
                  otherwise, fluff you are gone. or whatever that was...

Comment

again wit da "lovebirds"!
                    what...
                    how....

please define sequiter and random for aunty.
                    otherwise, fluff you are gone. or whatever that was...

Darling Kimo, he don't have to...I know them words!

(get back off topic!)rolling on da floor with tears in my eyes! OwwOww, my legs, my legs!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                      If you feel really strongly about them, you could always pick up an AntiMagnet magnet:

See also JustaFad ("Support Magnetic Ribbons")

pretty damn near my point exactly.

Comment

ok, psark, now I am gonna quote yer link cuz it's sez purrmuch whut i am tawkin about.

"Hey, what about the pink breast cancer ribbon, though? What are you PRO-CANCER or something you black-hearted JERK?

Oh, we're sure they're useful.

For example, say you're stuck in traffic on the Williamsburg bridge in your 2003 Chevy Suburban, and another guy, who is a breast cancer researcher, is stuck behind you talking to his wife on his cell phone. He tells her that he has just dropped the kids off at violin practice, he took the garbage out before he left -- he even unplugged the coffee maker, but he just can't shake this strange nagging feeling that he has forgotten to do something. Just as those words come out of his mouth, he glances up and sees your pink magnetic breast cancer ribbon that has "Find a Cure" written across it, at which point he comically slaps his forehead and exclaims:

"Ohhhhhh YEAH! THAT'S WHAT I FORGOT TO DO!!! YOU KNOW, FRIKKIN CURE CANCER! HAHA, I TOTALLY FREAKIN FORGOT THAT I WAS SUPPOSED TO DO THAT."

sigh...
                        ok aunty. where's yer
                        "heyIgottafriendwhohascancer yajerkyouantichristiandeviligottroops owmylegwhooshyergonehehehehahahaowmylegs."
                        Last edited by kimo55; April 22, 2005, 12:06 PM.

Comment

And to think this whole ribbon craze started with that song, "Tie a Yellow Ribbon 'round that Old Oak Tree" by Tony Orlando and Dawn back in the early 70's, regarding some ex-convict coming home after doing his time in the slammer and his writing his gal asking if she would take him back after all those years by tying a yellow ribbon on that Oak tree. Well that whole darned bus is cheering and he can't believe he sees...A hundred yellow ribbons round that old that old Oak tree....He's coming home...mmm mmm.

And now that act of ribbon awareness has moved on from convicts to awareness of everything in sight. I wonder if Tony thought that song would have such a significance with those words.
                          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                            And to think this whole ribbon craze started with that song, "Tie a Yellow Ribbon 'round that Old Oak Tree" by Tony Orlando and Dawn back in the early 70's, regarding some ex-convict coming home after doing his time in the slammer and his writing his gal asking if she would take him back after all those years by tying a yellow ribbon on that Oak tree. Well that whole darned bus is cheering and he can't believe he sees...A hundred yellow ribbons round that old that old Oak tree....He's coming home...mmm mmm.

and this was before the internet when (and where) he woulda been listed as a sex offender, in which case, that neighborhood and all those touchy feel-ey neighbors woulda lynched him on the spot on the ol' oak tree with the longest ribbon, had they known. But then, what kinda song would that have been, esp. before the advent also of rap...

And now that act of ribbon awareness has moved on from convicts to awareness of everything in sight. I wonder if Tony thought that song would have such a significance with those words.
                            Tony should do his own damned magnet ribbon.

Comment

... "BUSH" , so early in the morning!
                              Isn't there already a tread on Bush?

Those Mulberry 7100 Series are pretty cool they have an integrated phone, wireless email and data experience for those who prefer a smaller handset design....

My farm - Kona Mist Coffee

Comment

Originally posted by DaveNSoKona
                                Isn't there already a tread on Bush?
                                "you can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think!"

Comment

Working...
                                X