You Are Going To Be Alright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: You Are Going To Be Alright

This is either the first or second of the 7 signs.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Man, I gotta get out more with a digi cam and take pics of these.

I think that'll be my new hobby now.
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I liked the sign that says Warning This is a Sign. Where is that sign located?

Comment

Originally posted by helen
          I liked the sign that says Warning This is a Sign. Where is that sign located?
          As AbsolutChaos noted above, it's on Nuuanu on the ewa side about halfway between Beretania and Hotel.

Anyone have the details from the Honolulu Weekly piece? You know, for a guy who doesn't pick that rag up anymore? There are seven out there? Or seven planned, but only two posted so far? I walked all over hoping to see more, but the two already noted are the only ones I could find.

I ended up grabbing high-resolution photos of the signs with my regular digital camera (to replace the grainy shots from my cameraphone above). I've printed the "Alright" sign and posted it in my office!

Thanks, Saint Marko. Fun stuff. More!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
            Anyone have the details from the Honolulu Weekly piece? You know, for a guy who doesn't pick that rag up anymore?
            Actually, the Weekly blurb doesn't make any sense at all to me.
            Don't be mean,
            try to help.

Comment

Originally posted by jdub
              Actually, the Weekly blurb doesn't make any sense at all to me.
              Glad I'm not the only one who thought that same thing! It's real confusing.
              But then... nothing new there.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I picked up the issue just to see, and you're right. The "article" or whatever it is is completely unintelligible. I know the reader quoted, Larry Geller, so I don't think he's to blame... but what of that mess was his comment, and what of it was actual article?

I know 1stwahine tracked down the artist name for us, so that's the only way I know that when Saint Marko is referenced in the Weekly as being part of the "Beautification Team" or whatever, that's how they're attributing these signs to him.

Absolutely pointless. I hope a real newspaper actually figures out the story and actually talks to someone who knows what's going on.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                  I hope a real newspaper actually figures out the story and actually talks to someone who knows what's going on.
                  I saw that tall photographer guy from one of the papers trekking down Hotel Street this afternoon after I went and looked for the stupid sign.... Here is my picture of it, complete with a Bus in it.

One has to ask, is this a good use of taxpayer dollars?

I could breathe better if I found out that this and that other one are just leftover props from "Lost" (which I did not see for the last 2 weeks but will soon after I can find some time to run my tapes).
                  I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel
                    One has to ask, is this a good use of taxpayer dollars?
                    Valid question indeed. But is this a City art installment?
                    Don't be mean,
                    try to help.

Comment

The day this picture was posted in Hawaii Threads, I emailed this thread to the Honolulu Star Bulletin's city desk for a possible human interest story. I hope they pick up on these intriguing street signs.
                      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Only on hawaiithreads.com. The Federal, State, C&C had nothing to do with the art installation by Saint Marko. "He did it cause he wanted to," said Mr. Roy Venters of Roy Venter's Art Studio at 1160 Nuuanu Ave.

I asked Mr.Venters to have Saint Marko call me, when he comes back to Honolulu, which is soon.

Auntie Lynn of Chinatown
                        reporting live, back to you....hehehehehehe

Note: eh,Weekly...go get our own stories.
                        Last edited by 1stwahine; May 27, 2005, 04:30 PM.
                        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                        X