Clear All

Re: Fireworks and July 4th!

You're welcome.
    http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
    http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
      It was, in a word. Goofy. Well, corny too. strange also. I have never seen fireworks display ruined by music before.
      I don't know why the folks behind major fireworks displays insist on trying to choreograph them to a soundtrack, usually simulcast on a radio station as well as blasted out of speakers.

The mere concept is corny, especially given the predictable mishmash of musical selections (Souza, plus country, plus classic rock, plus anything else even remotely patriotic)... and the execution is usually so laughably bad, even someone with the most advanced imagination won't be able to force what's seen in the sky to sync up with the assault on their ears. Even worse is when the pyrotechnicians try to get literal, sending up red, white and blue any time a song uses the phrase "red, white, and blue," or peace signs or happy faces to similarly mark bad song lyrics.

A fireworks display is usually awesome and dazzling in its own right, and the sound of the detonations are easily half the appeal. Keep it simple. It's better that way.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe

Hey thanks for the idea Susie, I think I'll go write an editorial to the SB, MadAzza watch out for this one coming across your desk in a few minutes!
        Got it, Craig. Short and sweet, just how we like 'em! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
          Got it, Craig. Short and sweet, just how we like 'em! Thanks!

Thank Suzie for that great idea too!
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
            Thank Suzie for that great idea too!
            Do we get to see it?
            http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
            http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

When it's a LONG fireworks display, like almost a half an hour, I prefer music to be involved. I can only stare at the bright shiny lights for so long before I get bored, even though I like bright shiny things. :-)

If it's a longer fireworks display, then the snippets of songs seem to flow together better, and I like singing along if the whole crowd is too. It definitely is a matter of picking the good songs and flowing them together properly...for a short fireworks display, it just doesn't work and sounds terrible. I wish they'd hire a professional DJ to pick the songs and mash them together better.

Comment

When I watched last night's fireworks at Ala Moana Shopping Center, I also had my iPod plugged into my ears. Doesn't matter if the music is synched. Just wanted to have music while I watched and took pictures. To the person who asked earlier about the 3D glasses, no I did not get them. I only showed up at the center about 10 minutes before the program started.
                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon
                  Do we get to see it?
                  Probably in a couple of days. He just had one a couple of weeks ago, and we don't like to run them too closely together.

Comment

For anybody who was curious to know what those fireworks glasses did to the fireworks, I took some pictures that turned out kinda interesting...
                    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...3DGlasses4.jpg
                    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...u3DGlasses.jpg

In all honesty, I enjoyed taking pics of OTHER things with the glasses instead! Here's Aloha Tower...
                    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...3DGlasses3.jpg
                    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...3DGlasses2.jpg

Here's a tealight candle...
                    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...3DGlasses2.jpg

Comment

Thanks Mel & AbsolutChaos

For those wonderful 4th of July Pictures.

My hubby & I had a nice dinner, & later, went over to the Ilikai hotel where the pool side is, to watch the fire works.

It was really awsome!!.

Hope you all enjoyed yourselves.

Aloha.
                      Aches & Pains
                      (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

We watched them from a Zippy's parking lot! Actually, we had a great view and I thought the firework show was awesome. I did, however, forget the 3D glasses.

Comment

I'm a bit late on this, but... AbsolutChaos, those are nifty images. Fun with "freebie lens filters." Quite artsy. I'll be watching for your name on the walls of a First Friday gallery!

Comment

Fireworks started in my neck of the 'hoods!' The NOISE and da SMOKE makes me moa SICK!! I can't breath!! Two nights of pop, pop, pop!! Sounded like gun fire. Makes me uneasy. Wat? Dis is MWH!

It's still June, for Christ's sake! I don't care if other's wanna burn money and celebrate. In fact, I celebrate July 4th too. I am a Proud American!! Instead, I'd rather go to see a aerial fireworks show, where it's professionally done and much moa beautiful to behold. Plus, the smoke is far above so my grandson and I can breathe.

Every year, it's the same. Hmmmm...have they passed any New Fireworks Law?

Auntie Lynn
                            Last edited by 1stwahine; June 29, 2007, 08:01 AM.
                            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Where will the fireworks be in the Mililani area? (I doubt I can make it to Ala Moana in a few minutes after 8pm)
                              How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by adrian View Post
                                Where will the fireworks be in the Mililani area? (I doubt I can make it to Ala Moana in a few minutes after 8pm)
                                Adrian, What better place to celebrate July 4th!!!

"Every July 4th Schofield Barracks, home to the 25th Infantry, opens up the post and invites the public to come celebrate with them. And it is a day long celebration, starting at 8 AM and ending after 8 PM, when the fire works start. There is a 5K race, a children's race, a midway with rides and games, plenty of food vendors, entertainment, a concert by the national Guard band, and this year one every special event. If you have ever thought of doing something to get into the Guinness Book of Records, here is your chance. The only requirement is that you are married. There will be an attempt to have the World's Largest Group Marriage Vow Renewal Ceremony. You just need to bring you marriage license. It will be a non denominational ceremony and what a memory it would make."

Auntie Lynn
                                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                                X