Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Something to think about.

Originally posted by kimo55
    I mean, within the haves, there are grades of haves and have nots. and vice versa...
    and of course, they all will say "there is someone better off than me, and there is someone worse off than me"...

I mean, why would you not think
    "struggling"
    exists on all levels? Or are you willing to point in general directions and proclaim; "Oh that's not struggling.. but THAT over there is!"
    do i smell some taoist sentiment? sweet...we're all up to our asses in struggle...it's when personal struggle becomes, as me ma would put it, a "pissing contest" that everyone is demeaned...the bottom line for me is "don't be a d!ck"...
    Don't be mean,
    try to help.

Comment

Hi there Kimo. To answer you, whether or not you find it satisfactory. I do feel that all people have struggles in their lives, but that there's a big difference between watching your child die because you happen to live in a place of famine or trying to figure out how to make your new yacht a business expense so as to avoid paying more taxes. Anyways...
      Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy2
        there's a big difference between watching your child die because you happen to live in a place of famine or trying to figure out how to make your new yacht a business expense

yes, that difference between two very extreme situations is obvious. read my post, my point may have eluded you.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy2
          You're right, I didn't properly think through my statement. I guess (Hopefully) a better way to say it is that I think there are more have-nots than haves. And many of the have-nots definitely have it worse off than I.
          A lot of the so-called "have-nots" could solve their own problems if they'd stop squirting out litters of kids with no thought about who's going to pay for their food, shoes, clothes and medical needs ... not to mention their emotional and disciplinary needs, which a lot of kids obviously aren't getting. Then they grow up and turn into undisciplined, whiney, unwilling-to-work adults, who in turn churn out endless kids, and complain about how everyone else has it easier than they do. Or, worse, they blame another race for their problems instead of looking at their own behavior. It's an endless cycle of "blame someone else."

Thank God I had good parents. Thanks, Mom and Dad.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
            A lot of the so-called "have-nots" could solve their own problems if they'd stop squirting out litters of kids with no thought about who's going to pay for their food, shoes, clothes and medical needs ... not to mention their emotional and disciplinary needs, which a lot of kids obviously aren't getting. Then they grow up and turn into undisciplined, whiney, unwilling-to-work adults, who in turn churn out endless kids, and complain about how everyone else has it easier than they do. Or, worse, they blame another race for their problems instead of looking at their own behavior. It's an endless cycle of "blame someone else."

Thank God I had good parents. Thanks, Mom and Dad.
            The people of the Third World who are "squirting out litters of kids" have no recourse. They don't have access to contraceptive methods, they don't have money and they don't have access to the kind of health care that would keep them from having to have more kids in order to ensure that they will have someone to take care of them in their old age.

The really destitute in this country have very few excuses for being that way. The government provides enough safety nets for them to at least get some help. The only class of people in this country who don't get any kind of help from the government is the Middle Class of America, upon whom most of the tax burden to create all those safety nets has been shifted. The main barrier to getting that leg up in this society is lack of education. Being illiterate is what keeps many of the welfare families on welfare.

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

The interesting thing is that some societies don't even know what it takes to become pregnant. I mean look at the Puritans. They thought a pregnant woman was an act of God. I wonder what was going thru the men's minds when they were boning their wives.

But on the subject of having and not having, sometimes it's better not to have a whole lot as it only invites having more problems. Simpler is always better than complicated. Kinda like men and women. Men can be ignorant but as the saying goes: Ignorance is bliss

The difference between men and women summed up right here:

Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                I wonder what was going thru the men's minds when they were boning their wives.

"I am GOD!"

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                  The difference between men and women summed up right here:

I like those two big knobs the best!

Comment

Working...
                  X