Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hello Lobster!

Originally posted by Kilinahe
    I wouldn't eat a lobster out of one of those things for a million bucks.
    how about for a cool mil and one cent? lol

i can makem either dau see (blackbean) lobster or with butter garlic sauce!!
    Reggie aka pinakboy
    Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
    Raw Eats Veggie Videos
    Recipe Tube TV!
    Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kilinahe
      I wouldn't eat a lobster out of one of those things for a million bucks.
      Yeah you would!
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I'm resurrecting this thread because I was recently reminded of this crane game and put up a couple of photos of it on my blog. I also found out that there is a band called Hello Lobster. I suspect there isn't a connection, but you never know.

Comment

The Silent Suffering of Lobsters
          Umm, I don't eat lobster. I hate seeing them in tanks. Not sure what I think about this lobster "game."
          Fukujinzuke! I've got myself in a pickle!

Comment

Originally posted by Eric
            I'm resurrecting this thread because I was recently reminded of this crane game and put up a couple of photos of it on my blog.
            aaagghhh..

shoot at angle when using flash at reflective objects!

Comment

Originally posted by Eric
              I'm resurrecting this thread because I was recently reminded of this crane game and put up a couple of photos of it on my blog. I also found out that there is a band called Hello Lobster. I suspect there isn't a connection, but you never know.
              Hi Eric! I visited your Blog. Nice pictures. Lobsters needs to be changed every so often? LOL

Lynn
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Bizarre Dining Experiences in Japan

If you enjoy "Lobster Slasher" shows, Iron Chef (Japan) gots plenty'o that.

Watched this Japanese travel show a while back - not Soko Ga Shiritai but similar.

The topic of the show was Bizarre At-Your-Table Dining (something like that).

This one restaurant would place a large cube of COLD raw Tofu in a clear soup bowl, then pour in cold Dashi broth. Then they would place a LIVE FISH in the dash broth. Forget what type, but small like a bait fish. Then they would pour in HOT SCALDING WATER. The fish's immediate survival instinct sends it burying itself completely inside the TOFU to escape the heat. Then the diner eats the Tofu with the live fish buried in it.

At another restaurant they would prep raw sashimi on the side. When the diner makes their order, the chef comes to the table and carves a LIVE fish at the table VERY QUICKLY, keeping the head, tail and vital organs intact, basically just removing the fillet portion off the live fish. They then arrange the prepped Sashimi on the part of the live fish where the fillet areas were removed. They set up the still-alive fish so it looks as if it's watching the diner eat away at its own body.

Another place, they remove the STILL BEATING HEART out of a live Saba and give it to the diner immediately, where they dip it in Ponzu and eat it.

Of course they also had the whole thing on FUGU (poisonous blowfish).

They even showed a censored segment of the "Nude Geisha Sashimi Experience". That's a whole nother thread (and website) though.
                Last edited by Pomai; October 12, 2005, 09:50 AM. Reason: Lobsters
                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Re: Bizarre Dining Experiences in Japan

Originally posted by Pomai
                  This one restaurant would place a large cube of COLD raw Tofu in a clear soup bowl, then pour in cold Dashi broth. Then they would place a LIVE FISH in the dash broth. Forget what type, but small like a bait fish. Then they would pour in HOT SCALDING WATER. The fish's immediate survival instinct sends it burying itself completely inside the TOFU to escape the heat. Then the diner eats the Tofu with the live fish buried in it.
                  There was a poem in a 1980s-era issue of Bamboo Ridge that talked about exactly this dish. Wish I could find that issue now!

Comment

Working...
                  X