Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Dusting' is the new killer high for teens

source:
    There's a new way to get high, and you could have it right next to your desk at home. They're designed to clean your computer but, if inhaled, these popular products have the potential to kill. It’s called "dusting" — the term comes from the cleaning brand "Dust Off" — and it has become a teenager’s new cheap and easily accessible high, despite a warning on the side of each canister. This form of inhalant abuse, “huffing,” has been around for years, but dusting is the more specific term associated with the use of cans of any common aerosolized computer keyboard cleaner that contains compressed gas...

Some retailers, like Staples and Wal-Mart, now restrict the sales of computer cleaners to buyers over 18 years of age, and many have placed warning labels on the top of cans...
    So, that's why they asked for an ID from me when I bought some compressed air at Walmart for my computer this weekend. :doh:

Its teens like these who makes our world stupider everyday.
    Disappearance of the product at a rapid rate
    And what if a geek cleans his computer frequently because of dust?
    Last edited by admin; August 2, 2005, 10:08 AM. Reason: Reduced full article text to excerpt.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: 'Dusting' is the new killer high for teens

Typical MSNBC "news" article, aimed at fearful clueless upper-middle-class parents. This is news?

Comment

Re: 'Dusting' is the new killer high for teens

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
      Typical MSNBC "news" article, aimed at fearful clueless upper-middle-class parents. This is news?
      And for THIS they outlaw marijuana???? Kids will be kids. Bored kids will always find a way to get into trouble (or get themselves killed, Darwin be damned). Kids used to sniff glue. So they outlawed selling glue to kids. Did that stop kids from getting their of-age friends to buy glue for them? No. Hell, kids have been known to chug mouthwash for a high. The problem is parents who have out of control and bored kids. If today's parents paid more attention to what their kids were doing, less of this kind of stupidity would occur.

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
      X