Wassup w/Tattoos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wassup w/Tattoos?

I don't have one, nor want one. I do wonder why I never see any really COLORFUL ink. Technology has made so many advances in most areas, so why can't they invent colors that are distinct, & rich?
    Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

My second eldest boy wanted a tatoo, I told him he could get one after he left the house and is on his own and could pay for it himself. Otherwise he could get one now and at my expense if it said I love my Mom and Dad with cute little teddy bears hugging hearts. He said he can wait.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I have HAWAII on my right wrist and a macaw on my left ankle. The hawaii was in memory of my bro, he's hangin loose now.
        If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Comment

I know I replied to this thread some time ago but now my family has changed their minds...they don't mind if I got a tatoo, so I would need a suggestion for a place to go, and be honest about the PAIN...I still remember labor pains!
          Retired Senior Member

Comment

ho, man.
            check these out.

http://www.jorditattoo.pf/anglais/tattoo/tattoo.htm

Comment

I had my original 3 tattoos done while still in high school. Totally unproffessional jobs .My friend used a sharpened guitar E string guided through a pen body and driven by a small round 9 volt motor. All three were drawn by me and luckily turned out well enough. I have a pegusus on my chest and a sailboat on my back. The third was a little wizard smoking pakalolo on my right upper arm. Last year I drew a mountain with a path leading up it and had a tattoo artist bury the "old" man. Life is choices. Some we can change or cover up while others we can't, but what is done is done either way. Unless they come up with that time machine .
              Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy2
                I have a pegusus on my chest
                neato.
                Does it look anything like a
                Pegasus?

and a sailboat on my back.
                at least that's what they tell ya is back there...

Life is choices. Some we can change or cover up while others we can't, but what is done is done either way. Unless they come up with that time machine
                hmmm... must be the pakalolo.

Comment

1) Kinda, sorta, maybe
                  2) I saw it myself, once in a mirror
                  3) I can't remember
                  Thanks for another laugh Kimo. Your avatar would make a cool tattoo.
                  Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I have a small red heart on my left breast. I like it, but it is the only tattoo I will ever get. I do know about the pain though, it hurts so good. Some people get addicted to tattoos.

Comment

Comes hither a representative of the "hellnofrickenway" demographic. Both my husband and I are in the "at risk" category for tatoos (we are both Hawaiian, are of the retro-mana generation that started doing aumakua bands on men and women, etc, and nearly everyone around us has a tat of some sort). But nope; I no care if my sister, my mother and my grandmother each have tatoos (and they do). Don't care if my brother-in-laws and my sister-in-law and a variety of neices and nephews and the neighbors and the school teachers all have tats (and they do, too).

When I see a body with a tat here and there? All I can think of is "skin clutter". And both my husband and I told our kids the same thing: tatoos are artificial. Earn your stripes through whatever life bangs your way. Stretch marks from pregnancy or weight-lifting, burns on a skin due to some tragedy that you survive, surgery scars...these are the stuff that makes a body more beautiful, and are the marks that are more profound than any needle full of paint etching to some nifty design could ever be.

To each his own. Tatoos speak to artistic drama drawn upon a moment in time. Scars are a testament to survival.

(P.S. My eldest kid has mentioned getting tatoos before. My reply to all the kids would be to inquire how they would feel if I got a tatoo of two hands turning my knobs, the wrists of which would be evident whenever I choose to wear a v-neck...if you could just *see* their mortified faces upon such a suggestion...)

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
                        My reply to all the kids would be to inquire how they would feel if I got a tatoo of two hands turning my knobs, the wrists of which would be evident whenever I choose to wear a v-neck...

you... say that to yer keiki?!

Comment

i toured in a band with a tattoo artist for years, but despite his best attempts, i never let him convince me to let him ink me...i knew what i wanted, but couldn't find anyone to draw it up just the way i wanted it...so now i have no tattoos...some people have tattoos and that's their thing...not having any is my thing...

being a skinny irish guy, i really don't have the arms to accommodate a tattoo...i was having drinks with a friend of mine one night, and she commented on the hot guy that was fully sleeved at the end of the bar...i told her that my arms are too skinny for tattoos and she said, "Oh, just get some muscles drawn on, then!"
                          Don't be mean,
                          try to help.

Comment

Wow, I would love to have one - my family are currently putting together a family Hawaiian crest. I don't plan on having it put on me till later or after my career in Figure Bodybuilding http://home.comcast.net/~jjragilesjj/Pikake.JPG

My husband has a few - his lastname, his initials on a scroll and his taurus.
                            Last edited by Pikake; August 30, 2005, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                              you... say that to yer keiki?!

oh yeah. And as they are in intermediate and high school, they gross out. There is something to be said for parents who demonstrate that they are more pupule than their keiki will ever be. heh.

pax

Comment

Ever heard of Tattoo Sleeves?
                                http://www.naturalexpressions.org/Ta...es_Shirts.html
                                printed directly on the sleeve fabric which is a machine-washable nylon. Sleeves come in pairs and are tapered which forms to the contours of your arm allowing them to stay up.
                                An interesting picture of a guy wearing one here:
                                http://www.bellinghamherald.com/apps...SS08/610040331

They look real to me

Comment

Working...
                                X