This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Graffiti: So!!

That reminds me of my military days when we would install those large writing tablets used for presentations (they sit on easles and you flip the pages over) in each stall in all the bathrooms.

Every Monday at our supervisory meetings someone would bring in these pages and all the supervisors would review them. It wasn't to find out who's making trouble, what we were trying to accomplish was what the true problems with our troops were and the writing was basically "on the wall". We would also know who were the problem supervisors. It became an effective tool to better our leadership skills and understanding those who worked below us. We also found out who were the hot chicks on base too!

The women's restroom sheets were the most amazing though. They were basically attacking each other and not at the supervisors!
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

so is a graff crew...kinda like...te, hp, dom, and af, its just a group of artists. and, um...sorry but us graff artists dont drop names or anythin, but its nice to see stuff about graff here in hawaii. i used to live by the UH..so yeah..i know alot about the stuff goin on there...i dont kno if i should do this, but.....ah what the hell....educate yourselves :http://www.12ozprophet.com/forum/ind...33776&st=12760

avid...from lo and ack..out.
      oh and to that guy sayin that 24 is a little too old for doin graff....most graff artists, atleast the good ones are around 30 years old.
      Last edited by avid; December 29, 2004, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Eh Avid, is a graf artist different from a tagger? And if you're a graf artist, what do you think about the lolo wannabes who deface private property?

Just curious. I've seen gorgeous work done by graf artists, but I don't like taggers.

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
          Eh Avid, is a graf artist different from a tagger? And if you're a graf artist, what do you think about the lolo wannabes who deface private property?

Just curious. I've seen gorgeous work done by graf artists, but I don't like taggers.

Miulang

employing the appellation; "graf artist" is the end result of taggers and graffitti vandals getting the exposure, validation and legitimacy they seek within their twisted minds and corrupt souls. Exposure comes in many colors; News casts, online discussion groups.....

Comment

Speaking of graffiti, I took some pictures of some on a Route A bus today here and here.

I know that there's more on other buses, but I rode the same bus to and from my destination (which was weird).
            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by adri1456
              I rode the same bus to and from my destination (which was weird).

Gawd! Absolutely unheard of! Uncanny! How can that be!?

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                Gawd! Absolutely unheard of! Uncanny! How can that be!?
                I guess the bus got delayed when it went to Manoa, so I had some extra time to take pics at Ala Moana and walk back to the bus stop.

How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Graffiti is simply that, and no matter how beautiful it is, if it wasn't endorsed by the property owner, then it is unwelcomed. There is no justification for defacing someone elses property in the name of art.

Graffiti artists shouldn't be glorified, they should be jailed for criminal property damage plain and simple.
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

merger might be in need here...just realized this was started long before I was an HT member.

Comment

Manoa, you know there is a more current, active thread on graffiti and have been participating in it. There was no reason to necropost here except to again call attention to yourself. Leave board management to the board managers, and if you have a concern, PM one of them (but not me).

Comment

Working...
                      X