This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What pisses you off? - Chapter 2

People places and things will always let you down (lower your expectations to zero) Easy to say hard but rewarding to live

Comment

Originally posted by Fondoo
      People places and things will always let you down (lower your expectations to zero) Easy to say hard but rewarding to live
      Thanks so much for the reply. You have a good Monday.

Aloha.
      Aches & Pains
      (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

yo ho! welcome to ye me matie arr!! yar be a merry monday to ye as well!

Comment

• Re: It ticks me off, it's funny in a sense, but yet disturbing...

Originally posted by Serenity

Please, can some one help me to understand this concept at hand.
          Sure. Your friend's a condescending hypocrite.

Hope this helps.

Aloha,
          MadAzza

Comment

Originally posted by Fondoo
            The more I thought about this while I was attending to my yard work,
            the more it really made sense. Thanks.

It also helped me quite alot towards
            an expectation of another person in mind. Thanks again.

Originally posted by MadAzza

Sure. Your friend's a condescending hypocrite.

Hope this helps.

Aloha,
            MadAzza
            Sooo true in a matter of speaking!.

I couldn't have come up with a better explanation than that!. *thumbs up smiley* Thanks!.

I was also talking to my hubby about it, that he pointed out to me that
            when I do end up chatting with her again, I will just let her now right there & then, that I wont tolerate her attitude towards her son while she is chatting with me on the phone and that I would have to talk to her later & when she is in a better mood than from when she is (last)!.

Thank you both for the good reply, & also helped me to get a better clarity on how to counter react on her (bad) attitude towards her son (when I end up chatting with her again next time).

Thanks so much to the both of you.

Aloha.

Have an awsome week.

God Bless.
            Last edited by Serenity; September 19, 2005, 11:18 PM.
            Aches & Pains
            (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Thanks, Serenity. I hope you find some way to handle your friend. She probably doesn't realize what she's saying when you're on the phone with her and she goes off on her kid. Or maybe she's critical of you (and others) when you swear because it reminds her of a trait in herself that she dislikes. I think that kind of thing happens a lot -- we get critical of other people when they exhibit traits that we see in ourselves that we'd like to get rid of. Does this make sense?

This is kind of off the subject, but ... I really get a kick out of it when I look at the thread "What pisses you off?" and see a post from "Serenity." I dunno why, it just cracks me up.

Comment

On a similar note, while on a tour bus in LV over the weekend, we sat behind a little old lady and her 50ish daughter from NJ (could tell by her accent, because my kane is from NJ). Anyway, the daughter was wearing a large straw hat, so the French people sitting behind her asked her to take her hat off so they could see out the front of the bus, which is probably what set her off. On the way to the first site, the daughter was fiddling with her cash and trying to give her Mom half of it (one dollar bills). She was scolding her mother, telling her to put the money away. When it came time to get off the bus, the mom had a cane and couldn't walk very fast. Instead of waiting to let everyone off and then getting off the bus, the daughter insisted that they get off first, which left everybody else waiting while mom tried to grab her cane and her daughter tugged at her arm telling her, "leave the cane behind!"

They were staying at the Bellagio, and along the way, I could hear Daughter Dreary say to Mom, "You like staying at the Bellagio, right? Remember the last time how you came with Alice and Bob and stayed at that awful place? Isn't this time so much better than the last time?"

This kind of conversation went on for 2 hours. If I had been that old lady, I would have taken that cane and hauled off on her daughter. I can't believe that a daughter would treat a mother so condescendingly, just like the mother was a 5 year old child.

The Bellagio was the last stop when it came time to drop everyone off at their hotel, so I don't know if the daughter gave the driver a tip or not. If she did, I'll bet it wasn't money; I'll bet it was something like, "Bet on Horse's Ass in the 5th race." And I bet the only reason Daughter brought Mom to LV was to make sure when Mom died, she was going to get a share of the inheritance.

Miulang

P.S. Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention that the old lady and her daughter were Jewish. When the daughter dropped some money on the floor and couldn't find it, the bus driver found the wad for her and she said, "For that you'll get a mitzvah. That was a mitzvah (good deed)." Feh. Mitzvahs should be rewarded, as in a tip to the driver for finding the money.
                Last edited by Miulang; September 20, 2005, 06:47 AM.
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                X