X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What pisses you off? - Chapter 2

Originally posted by Serenity
    Yeah, like air for your bicycle tires.

And remember the grocery carts that we are allowed to use for free, & they (long before) all of a sudden started charging a quarter for?( at Daie) I think they stoped that idea. I think Star Market in Kahala Mall tried that, but didn't continue, I think the customers learned to cheat those coin locks on the carts any way.
    Up here, grocery carts tend to go home with people who live in the neighborhood. Now, some of the supermarkets have installed "perimeters" so once your cart reaches the outer boundary, you can't roll it any farther. One time I saw someone who was in such a hurry to take the cart off premises that she actually looked like she hit a wall and the cart bounced back off her. I had to grin at that one. Have they started installing those in Honolulu yet?

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
      Up here, grocery carts tend to go home with people who live in the neighborhood. Now, some of the supermarkets have installed "perimeters" so once your cart reaches the outer boundary, you can't roll it any farther. One time I saw someone who was in such a hurry to take the cart off premises that she actually looked like she hit a wall and the cart bounced back off her. I had to grin at that one. Have they started installing those in Honolulu yet?

Miulang
      I believe Times is starting that.

And its a good idea, because I think in Wahiawa, they had a half dozen carts along side the road.

Yeah, like air for your bicycle tires.
      No, computer programs like Linux.
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Speaking of bicycles...

Had a girl on a bicycle, rode her bike on a cross walk!. She didn't even walk it!. I thought that was illegal to ride your bike on a coss walk!.

It's a cross walk not a cross ride!.

My hubby almost bumped into her after he looked both ways to turn right, & all of a sudden there she was, riding her bike on a cross walk, good thing that he looked again & stoped automatically!. She was sooo darn lucky !.

I thought people are suppose to walk their bikes on cross walks!!!!
        Aches & Pains
        (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Another thing I am pissed about is....

(All) prices going up!: gas, rent, you name it, it's going up any way, be it sooner or later!.
          Aches & Pains

Comment

Speaking of bicycles ... I was riding (motorcycle) through Kailua the other day, on Wanaao Road, and some woman on a bicycle at a cross street looked right at me, then pedaled out right in front of me! I was only going about 25 mph but still didn't have time or space to swerve much, so as I did I yelled, "EH!" As I swerved one way, she swerved the other and braked and barely missed me. It would have really hurt her to have a 450-lb motorcycle smash into her, even at 25 mph. <shudder>

I mean, she looked right at me! We had eye contact! I'm used to car drivers doing that kind of thing (like, every freaking day), but usually bicycle riders are more careful, like motorcyclists ... because they have to be.

Maybe she subconsciously thought "bicycle" instead of "motorcycle" when she saw me.

Comment

Well.....since I'm on a roll anyway.....

I am pissed, that UH lost against USC!!. And that USC would not trade videos to see each other's plays!. I think (NO offense to USC fans!.) that USC are stuck ups!. I think USC, stands for Universary for Spoiled Chlidren!.

I'm just mad as heck, so what do you expect?. LOL.
              Aches & Pains

Comment

and I am PISSED! at all those people who keep telling me it's only a game!

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                  and I am PISSED! at all those people who keep telling me it's only a game!
                  REALLY!. Sheeesh!.

They should just keep their thoughts to themselves.
                  Last edited by Serenity; September 6, 2005, 11:38 PM.
                  Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                    Speaking of bicycles ... I was riding (motorcycle) through Kailua the other day, on Wanaao Road, and some woman on a bicycle at a cross street looked right at me, then pedaled out right in front of me! I was only going about 25 mph but still didn't have time or space to swerve much, so as I did I yelled, "EH!" As I swerved one way, she swerved the other and braked and barely missed me. It would have really hurt her to have a 450-lb motorcycle smash into her, even at 25 mph. <shudder>

I mean, she looked right at me! We had eye contact! I'm used to car drivers doing that kind of thing (like, every freaking day), but usually bicycle riders are more careful, like motorcyclists ... because they have to be.

Maybe she subconsciously thought "bicycle" instead of "motorcycle" when she saw me.
                    I wonder what would have happend, if you sped up too close to her, just to scare her a little bit, then back off.

Maybe she'll think twice next time.
                    Aches & Pains

Comment

I'm pissed. My heart and mind is becoming once again shattered. Once again, I let my guard down to PROMISES and HOPES. I must be strong, I have God. Tomarrow is another day.

I begin again. I have become stronger in mind and spirit.

Auntie Lynn
                      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                        I'm pissed. My heart and mind is becoming once again shattered. Once again, I let my guard down to PROMISES and HOPES. I must be strong, I have God. Tomarrow is another day.

I begin again. I have become stronger in mind and spirit.

Auntie Lynn
                        With that thought in mind.....

I figure, while human beings continue to live,.....

there'll always be another day & another day to be stronger again.

Like what my hubby always reminds me:"what's your blood type? isn't it B+ (be positive?.) "

So....

Always be strong in mind & spirit, & never let your guard down unless you know for sure!.

Aloha.
                        Aches & Pains

Comment

Mahalo Serenity!

Autnie Lynn

Comment

I wonder what would have happend, if you sped up too close to her, just to scare her a little bit, then back off.

Maybe she'll think twice next time.
                            Honestly, Serenity, I barely missed her as it was, with both of us trying to swerve in that split-second. I didn't have time to speed up and back off. If we hadn't both reacted, however slightly, I would've plowed right into her. I think it quite startled her when she realized how close it was. At least, I like to think so. I know it scared the bejeezus out of me!

Of course, later she probably told someone about the rude motorcyclist who came roaring up out of nowhere at 50 mph in a residential area!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                              I'm pissed. My heart and mind is becoming once again shattered. Once again, I let my guard down to PROMISES and HOPES.
                              I'm sorry to hear this, Auntie. Try to hang in there. I know it's hard sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                                I'm sorry to hear this, Auntie. Try to hang in there. I know it's hard sometimes.
                                Mahalo MadAzza, I'm trying. The hours are passing. Hopes are dying but I'm getting stronger. I'll cry tonight...I'll smile tomarrow and go on.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Working...
                                X