The Chill Factor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Chill Factor

Did anyone else feel the very noticable temperature drop a few minutes ago? In Makaha it followed a light drizzle. I think it'll be the first time all summer that I can turn off the ceiling fan!

Re: The Chill Factor

It's really cold and raining here at MWH! I had to close all the windows about 1/2 hr. ago due to the wind.

Aunty Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

No wind or rain in Makaha but I know I'm gonna love the cooler temp tonight. Aaaah...to sleep between the sheets instead of on top of 'em! Hmmm...a gentle breeze is beginning to stir as I type.

Comment

Kapolei is Freezing right now....
        Every morning I get up and look through the Forbes list of Richest People in America. If I'm not on it, I go to work.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
          Did anyone else feel the very noticable temperature drop a few minutes ago? In Makaha it followed a light drizzle. I think it'll be the first time all summer that I can turn off the ceiling fan!
          Hallelujah, tutusue! I love the change in temperature and weather. First of all, I'm not sweating like crazy. Second, I love rain---it invigorates me! Third, no need to water the plants!

So, Makaha is not cool in general? At least in the evenings?
          Fukujinzuke! I've got myself in a pickle!

Comment

Originally posted by tiptoetulip
            [...] So, Makaha is not cool in general? At least in the evenings?
            No, Makaha is on the dryer, warmer side of the island. Summers tend to run a few degrees warmer than in town. Winter evenings cool down, tho', and occasionally I pull out my one cotton blanket!

Last night was interesting in that the obvious, immediate drop in temp didn't last for very long. Within a couple of hours I had to turn the ceiling fan back on!

As the seasons start to change from fall to winter my first clue isn't the date...it's whether or not I can do without the fan! Once we get into winter, the next clue is whether or not I can leave the sliding glass door open. The final clue that it is indeed winter is the addition of the blanket! I love it when that happens! Good sleeping weather.

Comment

Working...
            X