Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When do you put up your xmas decorations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: When do you put up your xmas decorations?

If you haven't started your shopping already, I'm afraid you'll miss out on the good stuff.

I learned from a friend of mine to start putting things away on Lay Away at places like WalMart, Kmart and others. Things like bicycles are in hot demand around Christmas time and if you don't reserve yours, there won't be much of a selection come Thanksgiving.

As for decorations, we start putting them up about a week after Thanksgiving and take them down a day after the new year. And we did give in and bought a fake collapsable tree because last year I realized (like all others who already bought one) that in two years that tree will pay for itself PLUS there are no pine needles to vacuum out of your car or home!
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Re: When do you put up your xmas decorations?

I actually start holiday shopping as soon as the fall sales hit, and have been in that practice since my eldest was a baby. For the children in my life, I have always bought practical gifts like clothing and gift cards from stores like Pac Sun, Old Navy, etc. (teens appreciate these more than anything else).

Duking it out on Black Friday appeals to my inner savage. Which is how I acquired certain beloved household items like my sewing machine, s/s pots and pans, etc...

pax

Comment

Working...
      X