• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1stwahine
    replied
    Re: Christmas Wishlist

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
    I saw that early this morning and cheered! Congrats to you and to Blaine, Auntie!!!
    heheheh

Mahalo LikaNui!

It only gets bigger and better.

I told my niece, Carley, our intentions of giving Slippahs to the Homeless Children on the Leeward Coast last week. She knew Dawn, the wahine who started the "Christmas Kid's Campaign!"

Her story. Two years ago she was driving home from work. She decides to make Christmas Gifts and give out to the Homeless Keiki on the Leeward Coast. This year she expects to give out four hundred.

She called me this morning. I told her my story. heheheh

We will meet on December 22nd at 7:00 a.m. at the 76 Station by Maile Point. HPD is assisting with traffic.

Ahhhhh....The Spirit of Christmas!

I need a flat-bed truck.
    Decorations and Decorators for 12/21/07.
    lynn.vasquez@gmail.com

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
    Pat Gee, wrote about the Project this morning. http://starbulletin.com/2007/11/14/news/story08.html
    I saw that early this morning and cheered! Congrats to you and to Blaine, Auntie!!!

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Bump!

Two years ago, Adrian started this thread. On Oct. 30th, I posted my Wish.

"This Christmas, I got all I want...GOD, my children, MAMA, my son-inlaws and my lil' Antonio.

I do have something to wish for: I wish for all the children of MWH to have a pair of rubber slippers so they won't have to go bare footed.

Somehow, even if I'll be one month late in getting them their slippers...I'll make sure they'll get it!"

The MWH Slippah Wish Fund is alive and well. The magic continues to spread and touch the very hearts of everyone who reads or hears about the cause. It's simple yet a mighty one. Slippahs for the Keiki of Public Housing and The Homeless of Hawai'i nei.

2007 ~ I got Kiana too! hahahah

2006 MWH Slippah Wish Celebration!

Pat Gee, wrote about the Project this morning.
    http://starbulletin.com/2007/11/14/news/story08.html

Auntie Lynn
    Last edited by 1stwahine; November 14, 2007, 07:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• akrauth
    replied

Not much. Let's see:

some CD's
    Sorry! Card Revenge (an electronic version of Sorry)
    some DVD's
    anything else that anyone wants to give me

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Congratulations, Auntie. Great job!

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

All PAU!

Janeen, Jon and I started to set up at 5:00 p.m. Kids started to arrive. I told them the party starts at 7:00 p.m. It was useless. They kept coming back with more of them each time. The line started about 6:00 p.m.

Ross and Kuni arrived with the Hot Dog Buns and Surprised Gifts. Ross was our Santa Claus tonight. Soon Soos and hubby, Ted arrived. The crowd began to get LARGER! Christmas Songs completed the scene by Charmaine. Karaoke was available too. I sang "Merry Christmas Darling!"

Everything was set up by Soos, Ted, John and Janeen. We were waiting for Sharon and crew. At 6:55 p.m. Sharon and crew showed up with a bang! We all went into action. Christy, Izzy, Chaz, and Al hurried to make the food line going.

Opening remarks and prayer by me. Den ~ it began! The 2006 Annual Slippah Christmas Wish II started! Oh! What a celebration it was! Every child and every adult was happy tonight. Food, drinks , snacks, shave-ice, dessert, candies, etc. Boxes and Boxes of goodies a child would want and more! I gave away whole pies to every family.

After they got their food, goodies and sat down...Santa went around with his bag of gifts and gave each child a present.

It was MAGICAL.

I looked from afar...and cried.

To see so many little ones laughing and happy. To be able to celebrate knowing this is for them...yet not knowing whom made it all possible. The wonderful SPECIAL people on the Internet whom I call my Online Ohana.

Mahalo to ALL of you who made tonight possible and my WISH come true again.

Auntie Lynn and The Children of Mayor Wright Housing!

Pictures to come laterz.

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    Auntie...I love that you've continued your slippah wish. Sounds like it might become a Christmas tradition.
    Thanks tutusue!

I couldn't just sit and do nuttin...das not my style.heheheh

I googled and got UnikingHI.com ;D

Blaine is picking up "Slippahs" at 4:30 p.m.

Auntie Lynn

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Auntie...I love that you've continued your slippah wish. Sounds like it might become a Christmas tradition.

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Update: Slippahs aren't able to make it by tonight. Das ok.

No problem! Whatever slippahs I got..I'll pass out. The rest I'll
    take the name, sizes, ph. numbers and tell the children, I'll call them when to
    pick up their slippahs! Full speed ahead!

It's PARTY TIME at MWH for the KIDS!

Auntie Lynn

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    Here's hoping "ZZSanta" is able to get everything together in time for tonight; you know he'll do his best - and we'll be thinking of all the MWH keiki this evening!
    Much Mahalo Leo Lakio!

Everything will go as scheduled.

Hot Dog Cart courtesy of Sharon Black. Filled with Chili, rice, cheese, condiments, etc. Juice, snacks, shave-Ice and lots of goodies for the children. Most of all...Lots of ALOHA and LOVE!

Cake donated by my daughter, son-in-law and Antonio. Cup cakes donated by an Army Officer and his wife. Both my son and daughter coming to help. Also, Online friends.

Wendel Chu, Manager of MWH gave permission to use the Lanai area!

Thank you everyone for making my Wish come true AGAIN!

Auntie Lynn and The Children of Mayor Wright Housing!!!!!

Kids no moa slippahs at last year's distribution.

Moa kids neva had slippahs...

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
    The Date has been changed to December 20th. Wednesday @ 7:00 p.m. Still in the yard of my Hale.
    Here's hoping "ZZSanta" is able to get everything together in time for tonight; you know he'll do his best - and we'll be thinking of all the MWH keiki this evening!

Leave a comment:

• Serenity
    replied

Don't know if anyone posted this up yet, but....

I wish for....

1) world Peace
    2) Gas prices would be cheaper
    3) rents on apartments would be cheaper
    4) cheaper cost on apartments
    5) no War
    6) no fighting
    7) more/higher pay on jobs..
    8) No Stress on everyone's lives

&..

All the way around cheaper cost of living.

Am I asking too much????

That is what I trully want in life!!

Aloha.

Leave a comment:

• oceanpacific
    replied

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    I hope I win one of the two 32-inch LCD HDTV's at our Christmas party this Sunday. BTW Home Depot Hilo will close early this Sunday evening at 6pm so we can have our store party.
    Good luck in winning that TV.

Me, I'll have to BUY one to replace my 24" SONY CRT (old kind) TV. The on-off switch is malfunctioning (it turns off after being switched on and it takes 50+ attempts before the set stays on). It's also out-of-warranty and the fix may well be more than buying a new TV.

But, since I've gotta buy one, it won't be another CRT ..... might as well go for an LCD flat screen. I see them lined up ....... and the 32" models look so PUNY compared with the 37", 42", 46", 50", and larger models. But, since I already have a 50" rear projection SONY LCD, I guess I can "lower" myself and get the 32".

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Originally posted by achow View Post
    My Christmas wishlist:

-A i-pod
    -financial aid so that I can go back to school
    -Money
    -taking up a new career
    -making new friends
    -learning how to play ki ho'alu (hawaiian slack key)
    Nice thing about a list like this is that many of these are gifts you can give to yourself - so you won't be disappointed!

Leave a comment:

• achow
    replied

My Christmas wishlist:

-A i-pod
    -financial aid so that I can go back to school
    -Money
    -taking up a new career
    -making new friends
    -learning how to play ki ho'alu (hawaiian slack key)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X