Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the most useful thing you bought in 2005?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the most useful thing you bought in 2005?

What is it?

For me, its a copy of NOD32 antivirus software.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: What's the most useful thing you bought in 2005?

I didn't necessarily buy this in 2005, I think I actually got this in 2003...
    However, this is the first time I've seen a topic of this nature.

Sonicare toothbrush (Aprox. $100.00)

For those that have never used one... they might think "Who would buy a $100.00 Electric Toothbrush?"

For those that have purchased one... We think... "how could you go without one?"

I've said this before... I'm not trying to sell anything... However, if you are going to buy one thing for yourself....this might be a good thing.

Comment

Hmmm I guess it would have to be that twin screen mobile DVD player for our minivan. That kept the kids quiet all the way to Kona and back (to Hilo).

Other than that it had to be that 5lb box of Grip Rite deck screws for a project that required only ten screws. But I've been dipping into that box for all kinds of mounting projects around the house all year long.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
        Other than that it had to be that 5lb box of Grip Rite deck screws for a project that required only ten screws. But I've been dipping into that box for all kinds of mounting projects around the house all year long.
        Yep, you can never have enough screws. And drill bits, hammers would be nice...
        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

and don't forget the cordless power tools. Can't have enough of em.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
            [...]Sonicare toothbrush (Aprox. $100.00)

For those that have never used one... they might think "Who would buy a $100.00 Electric Toothbrush?"

For those that have purchased one... We think... "how could you go without one?"

I've said this before... I'm not trying to sell anything... However, if you are going to buy one thing for yourself....this might be a good thing.
            Absolively, positutely! Had my best dental check-up ever after 6 months of usage. It's probably already paid for itself. I love that all I have to do is hold and guide it. It does all the work!

I just received the Costco savings booklet in the mail and they'll have $20. off the Sonicare from Feb. 13-19. I think I paid around $120. at Costco earlier this year but it comes with 2 handles.

Other than that, my best 2005 purchase is Sony's DVDirect DVD burner...simple enough for an untechie tutu!

Comment

My Garmin GPSr unit. I use it for Geocaching. The High Tech Treasure Hunt game. Check out Geocaching,com I've made some great friends and been on hikes to places that I've never been because of it. Good Fun!
              Last edited by Menehune Man; January 5, 2006, 10:44 PM. Reason: Fix link...
              Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

that's an easy one...guitar strings...
                Don't be mean,
                try to help.

Comment

A new rice cooker from Long's last month.

Comment

Most useful things I bought in 2005:

1. Used Apple iBook 12 inch (replaced my old Powerbook 3400)
                    2. 28-105mm lens for my Canon Digital Rebel camera
                    3. My iPod Photo & iPod Shuffle
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

a Comfor-Pedic bed. OMFG!! It's so wonderful!

Seriously, it is the best mattress I've ever had.

Comment

A 10,000 BTU Air Conditioner for my room! I need the cold even when it's freezing outside!

I'm a cold blooded WOMAN!

Auntie Lynn
                        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lalalinder
                          a Comfor-Pedic bed. OMFG!! It's so wonderful!

Seriously, it is the best mattress I've ever had.
                          I bought the memory foam mattress topper from Costco and love it. Is there a difference between the comfor-pedic and the temperpedic (sp?) mattresses?

This reminds me of another useful 2005 purchase...cotton jersey sheets! It's like sleeping, head to toe, in a very soft t-shirt! Luv 'em!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                            I bought the memory foam mattress topper from Costco and love it. Is there a difference between the comfor-pedic and the temperpedic (sp?) mattresses?

This reminds me of another useful 2005 purchase...cotton jersey sheets! It's like sleeping, head to toe, in a very soft t-shirt! Luv 'em!
                            I'm not sure there's much difference in them, we just liked the way the Comforpedic mattress looked.

Comment

Originally posted by mel
                              Most useful things I bought in 2005:
                              2. 28-105mm lens for my Canon Digital Rebel camera
                              Canon Digital SLR huh?. Looks like you're a good candidate to pass along the next round of Honolulu Zoom!

Most useful thing(s) I bought in 2005? New kitchen and bath cabinets, countertops, pre-hung doors, ceramic tile, laminated wood flooring, interior paint, and a bunch of hand and power tools. My project is looking more and more like this Turtle Bay Villas suite as I SLOWLY make progress in its renovation.
                              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
                              X