This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Watch This! Web Video Finds

I bet the Roadrunner had something to do with this.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
      Here's a chicken-skin clip from "Britain's Got Talent." The Aerosmith toward the end is a bit much, but the moment on stage (in front of the famously sour Simon Cowell) is priceless.

goosebumps, for sure. Amazing!
      flickr

An email from God:
      To: People of Earth
      Date: 9/04/2007
      Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
      God

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
        goosebumps, for sure. Amazing!
        I've watched Paul's video at least 10 times and have downloaded it to my iPod. Chickenskin every time. What's not to love about that guy! I so hope he wins the competition.

Comment

Of course, now that dear Paul has become a bonafide Internet sensation, fact checkers have brought the Cinderella tale a little closer to reality. Paul Potts isn't quite the off-the-street phone salesman he's made out to be. In fact, he's formally trained, and has sung professionally. He already had a "breakthrough" TV moment in 1999.

Of course, other "Britain's Got Talent" clips are collecting fans worldwide. How about this baton twirler? Or this little girl's rendition of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"?

Comment

Gosh!!! The Baton Twirler was fantastic! But the little girl stole my heart!!

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Of course, now that dear Paul has become a bonafide Internet sensation, fact checkers have brought the Cinderella tale a little closer to reality. Paul Potts isn't quite the off-the-street phone salesman he's made out to be. In fact, he's formally trained, and has sung professionally. He already had a "breakthrough" TV moment in 1999.

But he is still very much off the streets. He didn't claim to be green, just having a problem with lacking confidence. He had a taste of something several years ago, but real life just is. He never had a full 15 minutes of fame, and has most likely looked at this opportunity as his great hope. In other words, he didn't go on that stage looking for his first shot, but his last shot at singing opera.

pax

Comment

I would've been shocked if he hadn't been formally trained or hadn't sung professionally in the past. My only question is...is his vulnerability and admitted lack of self confidence an act? Personally, I don't think so but I could easily be wrong. I love this comment left on the YouTube page:
                "Paul makes a connection that DiStefano could never do. He is a great singer and he's an ordinary, nice, humble man with a dream. For many, including myself, when we see Paul we see a big part of who we want to be... and that connection goes deep."
                Of course, other "Britain's Got Talent" clips are collecting fans worldwide. How about this baton twirler? Or this little girl's rendition of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"?
                Paul has a bona fide competitor in Conny! OMG...she is amazing!

Comment

• Phone salesman brings down the house

Check this out:

video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=646496&cache=1

This guy went up against the toughtest TV audience in the world AND WON.
                  "Luke, help me take this mask off. Just for once, let me look at you with my own eyes. No, it turns the other way, Luke. To the left. No, to your left. Push down and twist. Line up the little arrows. Never mind, I'll do it."

Comment

Darn, didn't see people were already talking about it. Please disregard previous post; edit button seems to have disappeared.
                    "Luke, help me take this mask off. Just for once, let me look at you with my own eyes. No, it turns the other way, Luke. To the left. No, to your left. Push down and twist. Line up the little arrows. Never mind, I'll do it."

Comment

K-den...article on Paul Potts.
                      http://entertainment.timesonline.co....cle1948058.ece
                      Video of Final performance!
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_5W4t_CBzg

Auntie Lynn
                      Last edited by 1stwahine; June 18, 2007, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                        And at that second link there's also the link to 6-year-old Connie's final performance, also awesome.
                        Thanks for the link, Auntie Lynn. Much needed today, as I just found out that a dear friend of mine unexpectedly passed away. Paul and Connie's performances were very fitting.
                        [/sniffle]

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                          And at that second link there's also the link to 6-year-old Connie's final performance, also awesome.
                          Thanks for the link, Auntie Lynn. Much needed today, as I just found out that a dear friend of mine unexpectedly passed away. Paul and Connie's performances were very fitting.
                          [/sniffle]
                          It's always hard when a loved one and a friend passes. I'm glad the link brought you some comfort in your time of grief.

(((Hugs)))

Auntie Lynn

Comment

After seeing the video on Paul Potts, I saw the link to Pavarotti's version and then saw this amazing video of Pavarotti and James Brown. Now that's soul!
                            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

wow.
                              im not one for opera and wonder how this song can affect me, when i cant understand the words. amazing.
                              i even watched the other versions too, including the manowar version =P
                              Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Paul Potts URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Potts"]isn't quite the off-the-street phone salesman[/URL] he's made out to be. In fact, he's formally trained, and has sung professionally. He already had a "breakthrough" TV moment in 1999.
                                [/URL]?
                                Found the following. Not my words. Just for information sake.

http://www.kissyoutube.com/watch?v=rDB9zwlXrB8

For all those that seem to think Paul is a pro in disguise, please realise the following. (or maybe just unfamiliar with what an opera singer or opera company is).

- Bath Opera is an amateur opera company staging a small number of productions a few times each year.
                                - Paul has performed in just 4 four productions with this company
                                - Paul has attended some masterclasses in Italy. These courses are designed for talented amateurs. All of these are paid for by those attending.
                                - A few masterclasses, even one with the great man do not constitute "a formal opera training" by any stretch of the imagination.
                                - Professional opera singers earn their living by treading the boards night after night week-in week-out, year after year with professional opera companies.
                                - Paul, has never earned a single penny from opera performance, other than winning a tv talent show in 1999 - the winnings funding masterclasses.
                                - Paul has not performed since 2003.
                                - He is not a professional opera singer pretending to be a mobile phone sales man, but rather he is a mobile phone salesman aspiring to be an opera singer.
                                - An operatic voice IS a trained voice.

Comment

Working...
                                X