X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What pisses you off? - Chapter 6

pardon my typing. can use only 1 hand.

this pisses me off: just went out to put netflix env. in mailbox. as i drew my hand out OW OW OW what wazzat? something stung me. at 1 am?

went inside, cold water onnit. 2 stings on right hand behind 1st knuckle,.

got flashlight, back out to mailbox w/spray lysol in hand. didn't want to leave it for unsuspectng mail carrier.

shine light insai. big effing waszp on ceiling of mailbox, just inside. great. i m allergic. blast w/lysol kitchen n bath cleanr. feel guilty for 5 seconds. blast some more. wasp thrashes around for 2 min. leave mailbox door open, go back to inside house, leaving waspto plot its revenge

hand swelling, pain up arm, but too lazy to go to hospital. ice/towel on paw. ow. damn wasps. scorpion 2 months ago, now this. and wtf was wasp doing in metal mailbox anyway?

paw swelling all upnow . sorry 4 typos
    oo=h .. lookit the pretty colors ... <thud>

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
      oo=h .. lookit the pretty colors ... <thud>
      *calls 911*... Where's the 11?

I know that employeers want the best on their team, but I just got finished going through a job application with Geek Squad (the very people who I'm targetting my business against.) Lets just say that the questionaire was so long, that I could have sent my resume to half a dozen other companies in the time it takes to fill that out.
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I've said it before, but I'll say it again...when posters on HT who have differing perspectives move away from making concise arguments and sink to personal insults and mean-spirited attacks instead.

We are all human beings, and we are all fortunate to have the opportunities to share our individual points-of-view. It's a shame that many people too easily allow their emotions to overcome their manners on some threads, especially when those people are clearly intelligent and can provide some interesting and though-provoking commentary --- but only if you can find it under all the manure being flung.

Agreeing to disagree - there's nothing weak about that. Reading some of the recent flames on HT makes it easier to understand why nations can so casually kill their neighbors.

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
          *calls 911*... Where's the 11?[...]
          Many years ago a NY policeman told me that the marketing strategy for imbedding the "nine eleven" service into peoples minds had to be changed to "nine one one" because the police dept. was getting so many direct calls from people asking where the 'eleven' was on the phone!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
            Many years ago a NY policeman told me that the marketing strategy for imbedding the "nine eleven" service into peoples minds had to be changed to "nine one one" because the police dept. was getting so many direct calls from people asking where the 'eleven' was on the phone!
            And of course, since 2001, those three digits have taken on a whole new meaning.
            In my family, however, they had a special meaning since 1980 - when my daughter was born on that date.

Comment

......About Liliha Cross Walk!!.

I was crossing the street by the Library, & IT DID SAY WALK!!. I BELEIVE THE CARS/VEHICLES SHOULD WAIT UNTIL PEOPLE HAVE CROSSED THE STREET TO GO!! , but, as I was crossing the street 3 vehicles almost wanted to run me over, because they were all in a F**kin' hurry!!!!.

( I didn't take any licenes #, make & model, because I was too busy yelling at them & giving them the finger & showing them what I thought of them!!.)

So, I called the cops, & talked to an officer, & I asked them what he planned to do about it, & he told me that he would be monitoring it. YEAH, RIGHT !!. what ~ever!!, after 2 minutes, he was gone!!

So I called to argue back to the officer on the phone, & said that he got called to go some where else, so I said, "What, the only time that they will actually take REAL actions, if somebody actually got runned over or get killed?!!" Yeah, police officers, thanks for nothing!!.
              Aches & Pains
              (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity
                I called to argue back to the officer on the phone, & said that he got called to go some where else, so I said, "What, the only time that they will actually take REAL actions, if somebody actually got runned over or get killed?!!" Yeah, police officers, thanks for nothing!!.
                This is a fair assessment. HPD is understaffed and will probably never be fully staffed because they can make more money on the mainland in places where the cost of living is less. That fact is driven home when Washington state recruiters make regular trips to Honolulu to persuade cops that the grass is greener.

So yeah, if someone just got shot at KPT, I think the officer SHOULD definitely go there instead of sitting in his vehicle eating doughnuts at the Liliha intersection.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                USA TODAY, page 2A
                11 March 1993

Comment

When I'm driving the posted speed limit.....maybe a little bit over and another car insists on being right on my a-- ! I give them the opportunity to pass and they don't. Sometimes I just feel like slamming on the brakes, but decide against it cause knowing my car will get plowed from the rear!
                  Live for today....tommorow is never promised

Comment

I know i see this here once in a great while but don't get all aggro unless it happens alla time.

Comment

Pee on the toilet seat at 3am!!
                      Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                      Sharing withother survivors...
                      www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Pee on the toilet seat at 3am!!
                        That's called lack of whipping the the whip on the husband syndrome...and the kids...

your bad
                        It's toiletitus.

Comment

It's called sleep missing! It's like sleep walking only yuckier! I have to literally POINT my 3 year old in the right direction or it ends up on me!
                          Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                          Sharing withother survivors...
                          www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

... TV hosts who butchers local words. On the Food Network right now, Rachel Ray is doing $40/day and she misprnounced "duke kahanamoku", Haleiwa (she pronounced it as "ha-li-wa") and some other things that made me turn off the TV. I know they have time to think, or atleast ask a local, so atleast pronounce it properly. We don't go to the mainland and mispronounce their language.
                            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
                              We don't go to the mainland and mispronounce their language.
                              you mean you don't call it
                              Homey Daypow?
                              how about that lil state they send everyone from...
                              califorlorn-ee eye ay.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                                It's toiletitus.
                                Geee...

I hope it's not contagious.

Atleast my hubby wipes (I figure 90 % of the time, but the other 10 % of times, he kind of forgets, I think due to half asleep using the toilet bowl urinating probably between midnight & 4 am ) . Oh well. What can I do?. lol.
                                Aches & Pains
                                (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Working...
                                X