Ghost Stories!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost Stories!

This thread is for personal-true life Ghost Stories.

I work at the Bishop Museum and there's all kinds of stories connected to here, but I've never felt or seen anything weird.

Back when I was seventeen, I was working at the Blaisdell. One morning I was given the job to pick up the trash bags in the Concert Hall. I was the only person in the building, all windows were closed and the A/C turned off, when a cold gust of air blew threw me that actually lifted my long hair. Total chickenskin. There's no explaination for the occurance that I can think of. That's the only time in my life I had a scary supernatural experience.

How about you?
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Re: Ghost Stories!

"Where do I begin? To tell the story of how great a love can be?..." Nah, just joking Menehune man. I got plenty Ghost Stories/Angel Stories to share on my Blogs. I'll be back and share one here when I come back from Church. Today is Easter Sunday. He is risen.

In Christ,

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

So many stories...so little time to tell 'em! So, yah, plenty and the majority were not scary.

Huh oh...there Auntie goes again with her "I getting married"!

Comment

I picked pineapple night shift during high school summer breaks. Seen some an heard'bout planny. Dad used to go fishing a lot, especially neighbor islands with the gang. There's one place on one island that he swears he'll never go back to.

Comment

Mr. Menehune,

Now I remember a little more about that Bishop Museum story that I was telling you about...

It was the sound of children playing and laughing. There was supposed to be a small stream or spring on the grounds where kids would swim.

So the story I heard was that you can hear kids laughing and splashing sometimes.

Blaine
          Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man
            This thread is for personal-true life Ghost Stories.
            How about you?

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man
              Well Hello there fellow co-worker.

It was about nine o'clock in the evening a party was just finished and there I was closing down Hawaiian Hall the place with the big whale hanging from the third floor. I turned off all the light's in Hawaiian Hall locked the fire escapes and shut the windows and as I was heading out toward the back side where the shell collection is stored I passed the picture of Pauahi Bishop and headed into the basement area. I had a bit of the sniffles cause it was rather cold, and I sneezed but I didn't cover my mouth in time and that's when I felt this cold shiver run down my spine like some one was standing behind me, but I don't recall anyone was with me, infact I was by myself. I turned my head back to say "I was sorry." That's when I saw a figure dressed in the old style clothing of another era turn her head and I could of sworn her face looked like Pauahi Bishops face. I blinked my eye's and she was gone.

There was a protest going on at the Museum two years ago and our security was beefed up a bit. We had Marshalls and Police helping us, they were stationed around the entire vicinity to make sure nothing got out of hand, which was good but nothing bad happened. It was getting late about ten at night and I was outside by the main entry gate chatting with one of the police officers. She was rather nice I don't recall her name, but she was telling me that her fellow officers were stationed inside the old bishop hall which was the first Kamehameha Schools. Any ways she told me that they could hear children laughing upstairs and running around.. but when they went to check there was no one there. "Ghost can't kill you." I told her but from the look on her face she believed they could. Go Figure.
              Last edited by Pedro; April 17, 2006, 11:11 PM.
              A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

ooohhhh goody. a ghost story. I got one too If can remember um. get planny...

ok, goin read pedros.

Comment

I touched on this thread a while ago. Thanks for bringing it back!
                  Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                  Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear
                    I touched on this thread a while ago. Thanks for bringing it back!
                    I read some of those stories on that thread you started and they were cool.
                    Most of it was about seeing some kind of animal or insect as signs that some one had passed away. Well here's a story for you:

Six years ago my Uncle (who was the husband to one of my Mom's Sister) passed away. He had been sick for a while, he had a brain tumor and plus he had a weak heart, every so often he was getting heart attacks, his heart was at I think fourty percent, so he could barely move from bed without getting exhausted, him and my aunty had two kids together and they had also moved to the Big Islad, and bought a house, some where in Hilo. My Aunty worked two jobs just to make ends meet. Finally his heart gave out and he died on the surgery table, while my Aunty was working. I took off from work to go to his fueneral service along with my Mom, sister and little brother, but we didn't stay at any hotels, that's why theirs familly I suppose. It was getting late in the evening the Service was finished and the burial was on the following day,We slept over my aunties house, boy, we were cramped in her living room trying to go to sleep, wherever we could find space. I mean my two cousins and my Aunt had rooms but they decided to sleep in the living room. I got up in the middle of the night to go use the bathroom and as I was headed back to my little sleeping area I felt a chill where there was no cold, after all it was humid with all those sleeping bodies in the living room. The fans were blowing but it was still hot, and muggy. I saw someone standing next to the computer in the living room, he was tall but he stared at my aunty, and my two cousins. I approached the figure to see who it was, everyone was still sleeping but I was the only one that was up. The figure turned his face and gazed at me, and disappeared before my very eye's. He looked just my Uncle who had passed away.
                    A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

That's some good stories. Thanks for sharing everyone. Yeah zztype, I've heard about the story of kids laughing and running around here at the Museum. I just haven't heard them myself. That'd be cool though.
                      Last edited by Menehune Man; April 18, 2006, 04:49 PM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

Okay!
                        Something happened the other night that was really cool. You know how on "Ghost Hunters" and the like, they film white orbs? They're little round white lights moving about. Well, I was posted in the Castle Building from midnight till 8am. , the Bishop Museum has a contract with China that if anyone is in that building, a guard has to be posted next to thier items on loan for the present exhibit. Check this out! A school sleep-over of 70 middle school kids were sleeping on the 2nd floor so I got O/T to stay in there. Thought it would be incredibly boring, but I watched the monitors all night. I didn't set myself up with a radio or coffee ! So nothing else to do but watch what the cameras saw. Amazingly, I saw over 30 of those white orbs flying everywhich way on different screens. Not scary, but really cool! So now I've actually seen something that I can not explain.

Comment

Working...
                        X