Kumu Hula Ray Fonseca

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kumu Hula Ray Fonseca

I can't believe what you are saying, you make it sound like if he did it on purpose and he did not, I feel sorry for the lost of the family but he ain't a bad guy, I don't know if he has done anything to you specially I don't think you have even had a word with him, you can't judge a man that way he is trying to make it work by giving all he have and trying to make things right

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow
      I can't believe what you are saying, you make it sound like if he did it on purpose and he did not, I feel sorry for the lost of the family but he ain't a bad guy, I don't know if he has done anything to you specially I don't think you have even had a word with him, you can't judge a man that way he is trying to make it work by giving all he have and trying to make things right
      Shadow...you show your location as Mexico. Evidentally Ray was caught coming back into the U.S. from Mexico. Is there a possibility that you have a stong, emotional attachment to this case? I'm asking...not assuming.

The fact is, Ray has had ongoing legal problems...from traffic citations to drug use to the death of another human in a traffic accident. The time to "make things right" is *before* problems happen. Ray obviously made some very poor choices over the years. That doesn't make him an inherently bad person. It just means he used poor judgement which, eventually cost someone his life. And additional poor choices *after* the loss of life shows that Ray could, again, inflict pain on yet another family.

A decade or so ago I unknowingly had a drug user working for me. When I found out I had to let her go. She was truly a wonderful person and it broke my heart to take a way a job (internship) that was so important to her. But, her behavior...even tho' I adored her...became a series of poor judgements and poor choices that was starting to impact my business and me. She was eventually busted, incarcerated, paid her debt to society and moved out of the country. I'm still in touch with her because I know there was a very troubled, addicted soul who has seemed to turn her life around.

I admire your loyalty towards Ray and hopefully you will be able to help him with his demons. But, the bottom line is only Ray can do the work it takes to turn his life around. And only time will tell whether or not he's successful. He must pay his debt to society. People are angry about the long list of things he did to break the law and the light sentence he got for it. He just can't continue along the same path at the risk of another human's life, including his own. I completely understand Craig's anger.
      Last edited by tutusue; May 18, 2006, 01:36 PM. Reason: damn typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow
        Shadow, the man's actions has earned contempt. This wasn't some poor sonofagun who would be picking flowers for Algernon if he hadn't accidentally killed someone. Ray Fonseca is a Kumu. Earned accolade upon accolade. Won prestigious awards and competitions. Traveled the world. Admired by so many too numerous to count. If there is any guy who has been on top of the world, it has been Kumu Ray Fonseca.

Living in Hawai'i, you would know that our police are heavy on the hwys cracking down on drunk drivers. And if you traveled in the same circles as this Kumu, you would know that talk of his addictions has been swirling around consistently for a good decade or more.

Yes, the man is human. And yes, he is doing what he can to take responsibility. But you know what? For someone who Life™ has blessed so much, I expect nothing less and 1000% more from him. Because when one is a Kumu, it isn't just knowledge that they carry, but mana. Spirituality.

It is pono that he stands to these opinions. His choices and actions warrants them all.

pax

Comment

Working...
        X