Thank You Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You Cards

Where can I buy Thank You cards by the 100's? I need them for my dad's funeral. The funeral home is charging $28 per 100. I called PriceBusters and they have them for $.99 to 1.59 per 8 pieces.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Thank You Cards

Originally posted by speedtek
    Where can I buy Thank You cards by the 100's? I need them for my dad's funeral. The funeral home is charging $28 per 100. I called PriceBusters and they have them for $.99 to 1.59 per 8 pieces.

Thanks in advance.

Not to be flip, as I'm sure you are in a place where your heart is hurting, but you might want to create one on your desk top and print them out. You could get two cards per sheet of card stock. You could keep your colors simple, to just black, or just one or two. Also, keep in mind that those who would be receiving your cards understand where your heart is. You should know you don't need to impress everyone with a big expense. Write a note from the heart that would work for everyone.

I have a friend who just wrote a note to us following the service for his wife. It said: "Thank you for being our friend over the years." No Hallmark card could have done it better.

Bless you. Maybe find a friend to help out.
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

You could also design a very simple thank you note (maybe 4 per 8-1/2"x11" sheet). Take that template to a Kinko's or someplace similar, have them print up as many sheets as you need and also have them cut it to fit into those invitation envelopes (4 3/8" x 5 3/4") which Kinko's also sells. Have them print the notes on heavy card stock and you'd still come out ahead and it would be more personal than the kind the mortuary is trying to sell you. For my Grandpa's funeral, I can't remember how many of those things I had to handwrite messages on, but it was pretty tedious, so my heart goes out to you. Kinko's can turn those things around for you in hours if you need them.

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I 2nd Lavagal and Miulang. Do you have a favorite photo of your dad? If so, maybe you could do 4 cards per sheet with the photo (changed to b&w for cost savings) and whatever text you'd like on the front and a hand written or computer generated sentiment on the back. Just a thought...

Comment

I wanted to make my own but the elders are against it. They have no idea what modern printers can do. I would have made samples and showed them but they are too old fashioned and I am running out of time.

Comment

you can order them through Party City in Waikele. I think you can get them for about $30.00 for 100 depending on the style that you want.

Comment

Call a print shop or maybe go see GBC on Cooke St. They sell bulk "cabinets" of cards and separate boxes of matching envelopes. Those are boxes of 500 cards and you would buy separate matching envelopes of choice.

You can have a printer custom imprint some really fast. Usually a real printer will have a supply of them around or can get them really fast.

Go check with Office Max, too. They have an in-house printing arm that could probably turn it really fast.

Blaine
              Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Walmart, Kmart or Longs? Could also try Hopaco in Mapunapuna or Fisher Hawaii, if they're still around.

Comment

I found them at PriceBusters 25 for $1 !!!! very cheap and good. saved us a lot of money.

Comment

Working...
                  X