where to buy a suit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: where to buy a suit?

probably won't help much as it sounds like you want something on the nicer side, but when i needed suits for an event I went down to the salvation army....Managed to get 4 for a dollar a piece due to a fourth of July sell. Granted they are not the nicest suits, they looked good enough and got the job done
    808blogs.com- Start your own blog now, for free!
    kazaru.808blogs.com - my blog!
    http://kazaru.com - personal site DOWN ATM

Comment

Originally posted by 808blogs
      probably won't help much as it sounds like you want something on the nicer side, but when i needed suits for an event I went down to the salvation army....Managed to get 4 for a dollar a piece due to a fourth of July sell. Granted they are not the nicest suits, they looked good enough and got the job done
      Now that I make enough money to buy new clothes... I will always buy new from now on...(even if it's at Ross)

I've always been a penny pincher... but I still can't see myself buying used clothes that were literally lived in for awhile.

I still let my son wear the hand me downs.... but as he get's older.... I want my son looking good.

I've always felt that if you feel good about your outer appearance...it will also help you with your inner feelings.

"Dress for Success...etc."

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
        Now that I make enough money to buy new clothes... I will always buy new from now on...(even if it's at Ross) I've always been a penny pincher... but I still can't see myself buying used clothes that were literally lived in for awhile. [...] I've always felt that if you feel good about your outer appearance...it will also help you with your inner feelings. "Dress for Success...etc."
        Used clothes can still make a world of difference for some people. I know the downtown Honolulu YWCA partners with the national Dress for Success program -- "Suits to Self-Sufficiency." It helps women in need with interview-appropriate business suits and work clothes.

I agree you get what you pay for, but for those who can't pay, I'm glad there are options.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
          Used clothes can still make a world of difference for some people. I know the downtown Honolulu YWCA partners with the national Dress for Success program -- "Suits to Self-Sufficiency." It helps women in need with interview-appropriate business suits and work clothes.

I agree you get what you pay for, but for those who can't pay, I'm glad there are options.
          I agree whole heartedly with PZ...

My mom actually volunteers for the Salvation Army when she has free time.

I don't want to sound like a prude or anything... sheesh..most my clothes come from Ross.... Except for my occassional splurge at www.sigzane.com .

I would highly recommend to anyone facing budget restraints to shop second hand stores, etc. This is how my mom got me by for the longest time.

I also highly recommend things like possibly even sewing your own clothes if you have the skills.

I guess I'm just lazy now... and when I got out of the parents financial control... realized... That my mom used to dress me as a dork.... which I never had much control of....

Now that I make my own money... I dress the way I want to....

(I also eat the way I want...thus, I'm gaining weight the way I shouldn't! )

(and my wife still thinks I'm a slob...hahahah)

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
            But after 9 years, do they still fit? (If the answer is 'yes' I'm gonna be very envious.)
            I'm afraid so...

Although I have put on a few pounds since having stopped smoking in January. So I'm now about where I was when I bought them. Gimme a couple months to get back to where I was this time last year...

Comment

Originally Posted by LikaNui
              But after 9 years, do they still fit? (If the answer is 'yes' I'm gonna be very envious.)
              . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

i bought a bunch of tailor made suits when i went through hong kong back in the day but unlike you, i've definitely had one too many donuts!!!
              525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Working...
              X