Lab School on Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lab School on Fire

Here's a pic right now about 40 minutes from the start of it.

I'm about 3 miles from it.

Re: Lab School on Fire Picture from a distance inc.

So that's what that was. I was driving west on the H-1 and the black smoke was amazing. Then those westbound freeway lanes became a sea of lookie loos.

Comment

This is sad. I see on the news that no students were hurt. I hope it wasn't arson. I truly hope it can rebuild. Bad news for those down wind. The trades are blastin' today!
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

The winds just shifted....now I'm smelling it

Comment

Jamm and I were there and just posted a little while ago:

http://starbulletin.com/breaking/breaking.php?id=4558

More in tomorrow's paper...

Comment

Re: Lab School on Fire

University Lab School is a Charter School - they have no money to rebuild. If the state would treat charter schools like other public schools (they are all part of DOE), then the charter schools would not have to use structures as old as these. and, they would not have to begging already for donations to help rebuild/replace the school. They would have money coming from the State for repairs, just like any other school. In the case of this particular charter school - they are a little more fortunate than other charters since they are affiliated with UH. TV news just said folks could make contributions to UH Foundation for the school.

According to the fire department - the buildings were so old, they were just like kindling once the fire started. The smoke didn't come my way as I'm about a mile away to the west, but could see it out my windows - very thick & black. Very bad fire.
            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Working...
            X