St. Francis School in Manoa Starves Cat Colony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Francis School in Manoa Starves Cat Colony

I found this at Ian Lind's site last week and forgot to link to it. The jist of the story is that the principal of St. Francis School in Manoa (yes, the school is named for the patron saint of animals though I'm sure he'd be spinning if he knew this was going on) decided that the colony of feral cats which has resided there for eight years needed to be gotten rid of and her idea was to refuse the caregivers access to the property, in effect starving the cats in hopes that they would move.

Anyway, read the whole story and send emails to the pertinent folks if you are so inclined. Ian's site where you'll find the story starts in the fourth paragraph.

Re: St. Francis School in Manoa Starves Cat Colony

First off, I think it is a bit much for the school to suddenly impose this rule without trying to call upon the community to try to get them off the property first. If all this person was doing was trying to get the cats away from the property, it sounds like a silly and frivolous use of the District Attorney's Office, but that's just my layperson's opinion.

I would think the cats would be able to get away, unless they are lame or caged or fenced up.

Comment

Re: St. Francis School in Manoa Starves Cat Colony

Good news regarding the charges against Cindy Newburg who was arrested while caring for the feral cat colony at St. Francis School. The charges have been dropped. See the note she sent to supporters which Ian Lind has posted at his site in the Sept 13 2006 post.

Comment

Working...
      X