Honolulu Fire Department

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honolulu Fire Department

Does anyone know if ok to pop into a station to look at the fire trucks? Just wondering. My son loves fire trucks and I thought it would be fun to stop by and have him take a look up close.
    just started: mililaniblog.com

Re: Honolulu Fire Department

I'd advise calling ahead and asking what would be a convenient time. Then there's the chance they'll be called out on an emergency and not be there. But, call first, I think.

Comment

Can you call the fire house without it being an emergency?

Sorry I feel stupid for asking but I really don't know the answer.
      just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

Here's a Star-Bulletin story from last summer on keeping the keiki busy:
        Tour the fire station
        Get a few families together to tour your neighborhood fire station. A minimum of five children is required. Call HFD community relations at 831-7747 for more information.

Comment

If anyone knows how to keep the keiki busy it's PZ and Kilinahe! I wonder if that's still the correct phone number as the fire dept. headquarters recently moved to Kakaako...directly across the street from my office. Lucky me; great view!!! I'd guess if you call that number there might be a referral or a redirect.

Comment

There's the city's fire department maintanance facility behind my house, and once in a while, they have kids (must be the workers' kids) there.

(and no, its not fun to live near one, because you the sirens keep you up at night.)
            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I know HFD loves to show the kids around. But I'm fairly certain you have to make prior arrangements. I also know that most of them let you pop in for blood pressure tests, just not during meal times. Might mean you can stop in and ask about a tour as well.
              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Working...
              X