Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with translation (?)

Hi!

I don't know if this is the type of forum for this kind of thing and if it is not, please forgive me in advance.

Something came up in a report at work today and we are all baffled and unable to verify. One other stipulation, I haven't the foggiest what this means and I really doubt it will translate to anything derogatory or offensive based upon the context of the report, but if I am wrong on that, sincerest apologies.

Here it is (name changed to protect identity) "John is a faito yip; F-A-I-T-O yip Y-I-P." (I am not sure if that is the correct spelling, but that is what was spoken.)

The only thing I can come up with even close is in regards to the Traditional Healers of Tonga and I don't believe that would fit here.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Re: Help with translation (?)

Maybe it has something to do with anime. "Faito" in Japanese means "fight". There's a Nekobox forum that appears to make reference to "faito".

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

so it means,
      yip, da buggah John, he like t'row blows.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
        so it means,
        yip, da buggah John, he like t'row blows.
        Kimo55, clear your measages! I trying to send you something important!
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by boyforpele13
          Hi!

I don't know if this is the type of forum for this kind of thing and if it is not, please forgive me in advance.

Something came up in a report at work today and we are all baffled and unable to verify. One other stipulation, I haven't the foggiest what this means and I really doubt it will translate to anything derogatory or offensive based upon the context of the report, but if I am wrong on that, sincerest apologies.

Here it is (name changed to protect identity) "John is a faito yip; F-A-I-T-O yip Y-I-P." (I am not sure if that is the correct spelling, but that is what was spoken.)

The only thing I can come up with even close is in regards to the Traditional Healers of Tonga and I don't believe that would fit here.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
          Are you in Human Resources???
          You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

Originally posted by nachodaddy
            Are you in Human Resources???
            bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
              bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!
              You should have seen my definition to Kimo55! hahahahaha
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
              X