Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you stomp on bugs/insects?

do you just stomp them

or do you stomp and grind/drag (which) them?

If you do the former, well it's a million x smaller than you, why?

If you do the latter...you're evil.

Re: Do you stomp on bugs/insects?

um... dunno what to say...except some of the bugs we get can be lethal!

I like to stomp them! Flies... I can round out the door... the ants... keep your place clean...cockroaches... this is Hawaii... you learn to live with them if you must.
    Bugs... fact of life here in Hawai... how you handle...a whole different thing.
    Last edited by damontucker; July 28, 2006, 05:59 PM. Reason: evilness

Comment

If its a bumbucha cockaroach, then I'll smack'um until its gooey. If its another insect, I'll leave 'um alone unless they're bothering me.
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by TalesofAbyss
        do you just stomp them

or do you stomp and grind/drag (which) them?

So you're a vegan, then?

Comment

Depends on the bug, and if it's inside or outside. Outside, I leave 'em all alone, if can. Inside, well...

Small spiders: catch and release outside
          Big spiders: squash, before the arachnophobic Alpha Female sees 'em
          Moths: HAVE to catch and release outside (may be an ancestor, right?)
          Itty-bitty ants, which we've been plagued with for years: homemade poison
          The wasp that stung MadAzza/the centipede that bit Pua`i Mana`o: no mercy

Comment

Same here, if it's outside the home I leave them alone. Inside on the other hand is a different matter, but then again I don't actively search them out. Also I don't limit myself to stomping them, will use newspapers, shoes, and slippers.

Comment

Outside - I leave um alone.

Inside my Hale - It's every Bug for him/herself. I go ballistic! I'm Bi-Polar. Wat you tink happens? Use your Imagination!!!!

http://www.auntiepupule.com/blog/index.php?id=662

Auntie Lynn
              Last edited by 1stwahine; July 29, 2006, 09:14 PM.
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                Outside - I leave um alone.

Inside my Hale - It's every Bug for him/herself. I go ballistic! I'm Bi-Polar. Wat you tink happens? Use your Imagination!!!!

Auntie Lynn
                I can only imagine...

I know aunties scared of geckos.... can you just imagine one centipede!

Comment

If they're in the house, I put a glass over them and then slide a paper under the glass, then take them outside and let them loose.

Other than that, I sprinkle boric acid to kill the ants, fleas, termites....get no roaches, over here.
                  http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                  http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

The only bugs I'm really out to destroy in our house are roaches because I absolutely hate them. Had a bad run in with one in 4th grade. It flew in my ear and got stuck and I had to have it flushed out in the ER before it scratched my ear drum to hell. Freakish, who knew that would even happen. I'm afraid of them, but bug will go squish now if the circumstances call for it. I've walked into the kitchen late at night for water only to have a roach fly on top of me way too many times now.
                    myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

do you just stomp them

As someone who was fighting a losing battle with German roaches (most common roach, the most prolific breeders of any cockroach, having the highest tolerance to radiation, eating everything to book glue to any food to bird feces, able to live up to a month without food and up to a week without water, they leave digestive saliva all over the place), you better believe I stomp with great satisfaction on any one I find! Even with professional exterminating help, I know I'll never be able to wipe them out (not without having the whole condo building sprayed). Those nasty, disease-carrying pests I WILL NEVER knowingly allow to live. If I see one and can get to it, it's a goner.

I WILL spray hornets/wasps/bees with poison and also destroy centipedes, because with two playful, inquisitive cats in the house (I'm sure people with little kids share this fear), I KNOW my cats will innocently go after them and get stung/bitten. I've never been stung/bitten by a bee/wasp/centipede myself (knock on wood), and since I know I've inherited my mom's allergies, I have no urge to find out if I'm allergic to a bite/sting from one of them.

Mosquitos are another one I have no regret in killing. From their annoying buzz to their irritating bites, if there's one in the house--and I don't wish to be bitten multiple times--it will be killed if I can get to it. Wearing insect repellant with DEET everyday in my boyfriend's house just isn't an option I care to pursue, especially since I'm already having to breathe in professional roach-killing chemicals at my own place anyway.

Hope that answers your question.
                      Last edited by AbsolutChaos; July 30, 2006, 07:13 AM.

Comment

I'm with Susie on this one. Anything inside gets caught and carried outside. The exception is for centipedes, which are killed as ruthlessly and mercilessly as possible.

Note to Leo: add me to your list of 'victims', due to a scorpion bite in Waimanalo.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Bugs... especially cockroaches... I hate them.

Inside the home: Big B52's.... I track them down, smoosh them with shoe, slippah or other heavy object and either flush em down the toilet or throw in the trash. Smaller roaches, I set up Combat Roach traps and they seem to be effective to keep the little buggers out of sight!

Spiders: rarely ever kill them - if possible I sweep them out of the house.

Other inside insects, smack with newspaper for flying ones... or on the rare occasion resort to bug spray.

Outside: Don't bother with them unless a big B52 roach gets in my path, and then smoosh... goners. A grease spot!
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Boric acid will do the trick, and kill the roaches.
                            http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                            http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Bugs are more evil than humans. I think.

On that note, if given the opportunity, I'll squish and drag that "747" until it becomes paint on the road.

Ever see Starship Troopers? Fits perfect with this question.
                              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
                              X