Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kaena Point..

Hi,
    I've been to Kaena Point last October on bike and Christmas Day with my family from Waianae side.

But I want to try to get to Kaena Point from Mokuleia side. I see that Barnfield's Raging Isle rents bikes. But I couldn't find any information on store hours and such. I do want to get there early in the morning (the earlier the better).

I had dreadful memories last time as one of my friends' bike tire has gotten flat and it was already turning dark (around 5 PM) at the Kaena Point, trying to go back to the town. Fortunately, a lifeguard from Yokohama Bay took us in his truck and dropped us off at Hale Nalu. We left for the journey around 10:30-11, since Hale Nalu opens about at 10, but it seemed like even that was bit late to start.

What is it like to get to Kaena Point from Mokuleia side? Is it much like the Waianae coast? How about the 'GREEN' hills?

How are the road conditions on Mokuleia side to Kaena Point? I've seen some dangerous cliffs and some with no passage (I've seen couple wooden blocks..). With myself and the bike, it was bit difficult to get through those passages. Is Mokuleia side similar to Waianae conditions?

Thanks!

I hope to try get there sometime next week if everything's settled.
Working...
X