Suggestions for Party Rooms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for Party Rooms

Any suggestions for locations for smaller parties (10-20 people)? Any Oahu location is fine; potluck or catered; drinks/no drinks; anything would help. Most of us live in condos so we can't have get togethers due to lack of pkg. We're always planning for some event (Xmas, bdays, etc.) but we're always stuck on locations. I thought we could start listing locations. I've listed a few places we've tried in the past. Mahalo for your help !

Pearl Country Club (different room sizes)
    Brew Moon (they'll setup an area in the corner back for your small party)
    Kyo-ya (small room for 15 guests)
    Willows
    Gyukaku (small private room)
    Bucca de Beppo

For da keiki:
    Chuck E. Cheese
    Pearlridge Miniature Golf
    Hawaiian Water

Re: Suggestions for Party Rooms

Sam Choy's Breakfast Lunch & Crab has a banquet type room but I don't know how many people it holds.

Dave and Busters

Thirtynine Hotel (located at 39 Hotel St)...an upstairs indoor/outdoor area with a bar. Pizza can be ordered from Bar 35 downstairs. Never heard of it 'til I attended a birthday party there last week.

La Mariana Sailing Club off of Sand Island Access Rd has an atrium room. Love that place!

Comment

Where is Chuck E Cheese on Oahu? I would love to take my daughter there when we come to see U2 in December.
      FutureNewsNetwork.com
      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

The two Chuck E. Cheese locations I'm aware of are in Pearl City and in Aina Haina (those map links should take you right to their doors!). Parking is a challenge at both, at times, and you better bring your Advil, but the kids have fun and that's what matters most. FWIW, even though we live in Mililani, we actually held our kid's birthday at the Aina Haina location.

Other party rooms?

There's always the Pagoda. Not five-star service or food, but down-home and affordable. Same goes for Treetops in Manoa Valley. One large room but two satellite rooms (for maybe 50 people and 120 people, respectively) and a cool forest view.

Shokudo is pretty nice and they have a small side room you can reserve for maybe 15-20 people.

I like the Willows. Several larger-party options and configurations (closed room for maybe 20, floating canoe for about 10, medium-sized halls for 30 or 130, etc.). Not cheap, but likely worth it.

We recently went to a first birthday party at the Japanese Cultural Center... but that was more a ballroom setup and they had to separately engage catering services. It was nice, though. Had never thought of it as a private event venue.

Comment

Natsunoya Tea House, up in ʻĀlewa Heights, is an old family favorite for private parties.

Comment

For those who enjoy karaoke, try HMC Karaoke in Aiea, adjacent to the Shell service station across the watercress farm fronting Pearl Ridge Center. They have rooms of varying sizes. The largest can hold 50-60 people. We had a karaoke party this past Sunday in the third largest room, which was comfortable for our group of 20. We brought in our own potluck and drinks, HMC provided the coolers with ice. Alcohol is allowed, but must be consumed in the room. No smoking except outside the building.

Parking can be a problem when it gets crowded, but additional parking allowed at the Firestone Auto Center after closing (7:00 pm) on weekdays, and weekends. Some street parking on Lipoa St.

Flat hourly-fee for the larger rooms. No per song charge for karaoke selections.

HMC was formerly the Beacon Restaurant.

Comment

Sam Choy's Breakfast Lunch & Crab has a back room for private functions. It's available most nights except Tuesday when they have "Keiki Tuesday" with Chris Da Clown*

*Shameless plug for a friend

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Jeff
                Sam Choy's Breakfast Lunch & Crab has a back room for private functions. It's available most nights except Tuesday when they have "Keiki Tuesday" with Chris Da Clown*

*Shameless plug for a friend
                He's a funny guy. He used to bill himself as "Chris da Portagee Clown" until PC ("political correctness") running amok led to his name change.

Comment

While I'm not asking for a party, per se, this thread was a starting point for me so I'll ask anyway: Are any of these rooms (in the 6-15 person range) particularly quiet or actually condusive to a meeting? Like the Honolulu Room at The Willows? Suddenly I find myself in need of a relatively quiet comfortable place to meet mid-morning and do some recording (interviews), and actually food is a secondary consideration. Any suggestions?

I like the openness and view from Tree Tops, but it's a bit noisy (kitchen noise) and doesn't open 'til 11. The Honolulu Room at The Willows is the best fit so far, but I suspect my wallet wouldn't like it.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                    While I'm not asking for a party, per se, this thread was a starting point for me so I'll ask anyway: Are any of these rooms (in the 6-15 person range) particularly quiet or actually condusive to a meeting? Like the Honolulu Room at The Willows? Suddenly I find myself in need of a relatively quiet comfortable place to meet mid-morning and do some recording (interviews), and actually food is a secondary consideration. Any suggestions?

I like the openness and view from Tree Tops, but it's a bit noisy (kitchen noise) and doesn't open 'til 11. The Honolulu Room at The Willows is the best fit so far, but I suspect my wallet wouldn't like it.
                    I did a 'search' for Tree Tops and found this thread...
                    The Bishop Museum has a couple of conference rooms.
                    I believe you can even have coffee, juice, etc. set up?

I love the Tree Tops restaurant, we go occasionally and truly miss "Paradise Park".
                    Wish some Eco-Friendly use for the area would make it available again. I'd go!
                    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I noticed Donato's Basta & Pasta in Restaurant Row has been advertising that they have a special place for large groups/parties...have no idea what it's like, though. But it is in a central location with lots of parking.

Comment

Working...
                      X